Fuses or circuit breakers and how many?

Participant count
  • Participants list
I'm gonna be running 2 runs 0awg with a secondary battery in the back. Amps are RF 2500bd (subs) and RF1000ab (mids and highs). What size and how many fuses will I need or should I just do circuit breakers instead?
I'm gonna be running 2 runs 0awg with a secondary battery in the back. Amps are RF 2500bd (subs) and RF1000ab (mids and highs). What size and how many fuses will I need or should I just do circuit breakers instead?

How many amps does your alternator produce?

Don't want fuses too much higher than your alternator can produce because they won't blow if too high

My alternator produces 100 amps so I'm using 150amp fuse which might be a little too high honestly

Going to need 4. One for under the hood. One before the positive terminal on your rear battery. One in between each amp and the positive terminal on the rear battery

300 amp fuses. You are going to need 4 total for the runs from the battery to the second battery. Fuses must be within 18" of the battery so you need one fuse on each end of each run between the 2 batteries

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ROCNROLL

CarAudio.com Newbie
ROCNROLL
CHARLESTON
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from