Fsd fz2600

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
I'll be installing a Tline with either 2 HDS208 or HDS210 subs in it. Considering this amp to power the system so I will have ample headroom to not incur clipping, and allowing for growth later on. I've read a lot of good things. Does anyone have any real world experience with it? Yes, I'm on a budget. lol I'm still keeping my eyes open for B-stock on Sundown and other brands just in case a steal shows up.

Thanks!

Im about to purchase 1 of them my self, that is a hard price to beat, i just need the electrical to back it up.

Which is another thing, how good is your electrical? Though i assume you wont be running it at 1 ohm if your getting those HDS208's

Im about to purchase 1 of them my self, that is a hard price to beat, i just need the electrical to back it up.
Which is another thing, how good is your electrical? Though i assume you wont be running it at 1 ohm if your getting those HDS208's
Definitely not at 1 ohm! lol I suppose I could turn the gain way down, but...no.

Definitely have the electrical. Mechman 280 amp alt, big 3, 00 cable back to the distro block and will run whatever size I need for the 2600 from the distro block. Oh...short 00 ground cable as well. I have dual batts which are 1000 amp each, so I shouldn't need a third battery.

Definitely not at 1 ohm! lol I suppose I could turn the gain way down, but...no.
Definitely have the electrical. Mechman 280 amp alt, big 3, 00 cable back to the distro block and will run whatever size I need for the 2600 from the distro block. Oh...short 00 ground cable as well. I have dual batts which are 1000 amp each, so I shouldn't need a third battery.
If you know what you are doing you should have done 1 ohm a long time ago. You dont have to use all 2600 watts to get loud.

Perhaps a silly question (but I'd rather ask and know for sure), would it be best to wire for 2 Ohm and set the gains down around the voltage for 1300W or should I wire for 1 Ohm and still set gains to that level? Want to avoid any possibility of clipping. To me, the best way to accomplish that would be 1 Ohm, but I don't know if there would be any disadvantage to that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
Sguirrelfeather
Mountain Home, ID
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from