SOLD FS:TC Sounds 15" prototype

marleyskater420
5,000+ posts

Banned
Yeah.. this *****, but hey, whatever...

Here is the description I put on the GN forum..

This sub is also known as the ORM, as a few of you would know.One Rekless Monster.

I am selling my very precious, very unique subwoofer. It was bought from the lead designer at TC Sounds, who design and build subs for Eclipse audio, among others. He designed this sub especially for his house and to sound amazing. This sub would be taken to other companies to represent TC Sounds as apart of what they can do. A sort of "flagship" if you will.

Specs:

Bl: 25

Xsus: 34

Re: 6.5

Xmax: well over 32mm

Those are just the main specs.

It moves about 4" peak to peak when played hard. It is the loudest and clearest 15 I have ever heard.

I dont know how to post pictures, so email me if you want pictures, and I also have the DUMAX of the sub as well.

The sub has a grey cover, similar to eclipse subs, the Ti Pro cone for example.

The main reason it is so special, is that the power handling(RMS) of this sub is well over 3k watts. I put 1500w to it freeair and it didnt even flinch. 2.5k daily and I had no problems. This sub WILL take anything you can throw at it.

There was only 3 ever made, A,B,and C. I have the A model, and the B is not known where it is,and the C belongs to a personal friend of the person I bought it off.

Price=500$ I am flexible, but this sub WILL desimate all on the market, and I am including w7's.

I have been well into audio for a year now and have even gotten a sponsership from a sound deadening company, as well as won 2nd place in IASCA for their West Coast finals last year. So I know what I am talking about, and I am not just blindly rambling.

The sub only has about 10 hrs play, as my amp had a problem with it's rca input, but is getting fixed, and will be sent to me next week.

The reason I am selling this is because I don't plan on putting a system in my car, and I need money for tires/turbo, so any money helps.

email me for pics- marleyskater@hotmail.com

-Tyler

I wil also be selling the amp I used with it once I recieve it back from DEI electronics.

It is a viper 2500d which does 2500x1@2ohms

Price is around 600$ for that amp. Only has about 10 hrs of play.

I also have all my wiring( 1AWT and 300/150 amp ANL fuses) for sale as well.

How do I post images?

These 2 are pics of my sub

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

THIS IS NOT MY SUB, BUT THIS IS WHAT MY SUB IS CAPABLE OF DOING.I HAVE PERSONALLY DONE THIS, AND THE DESIGNER I BOUGHT IT OFF CONFIRMED THAT IT CAN, AND WILL DO THIS.

showphoto.php

WTF do I type to link it?

gay it wont let me right click and save them, so i cant host them : / sry man

but dam that thing looks mean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

**** i want this sub
you say its a house sub?

can it be used in a car??

would yuo trade for a freshly reconed 15"xxx plus sum cash?
The sound quality is that of home theater, but it is able to work in a car. The RMS is around 3000watts. I put 2.5kw to it in my car.

Im not really looking for a trade, sorry. It's louder than a 15 XXX though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

dual voice coil?single? 1,2,4ohm?
Dual 3ohm. So it wires to 1.5ohm or 6ohm. Think of it as like a w7 wiring.

The minimal power I would give it is 500w, anything less and you are wasting it.

As for the max...well...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

I'm just gonna point out a few things since I was linked to this thread, and you can make judgements on your own.

How can a woofer have 4" of throw, when the DUMAX sheet says it has an Xmax of 30mm? 25mm is 1", so thats 2.4" of throw linear. Now, the response is "but look at it move" or "I measured it". Lemme take care of that one right away... I said linear, as in useful, after linear you risk damaging the coil, and its gonna sound like royal ass crack.

Now, about that 3000 watts..... its a 3" coil, it WILL NOT take 3000 RMS. 1500 sure, not 3000. Now, why did it beg for more with 1500 watts? It coulda been the 83 dB effiency! Oh yeah, one of the most inefficient woofers ever, good job.

With a moving mass of 0.92 lbs, its no wonder its inefficient and has a 22 hz Fs. This woofer might be ok for SQ if you had loads and loads of power, but I wouldnt let it near any form of SPL. It was designed for home theater, and thats where it should stay.

I will not be checking this thread for flaming response, so you can direct those replies to your pipe where you can smoke it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.