FS: Modded Lightning Audio Storm X1.2000.D

bergend2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Milwaukee
Item(s) for Sale:

Lightning Audio Storm X1.2000.D, modded by Tubenut (before he disappeared)

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Very good condition. Some minor scratches on the case, but nothing major. Amp has been very solid for me, and I love it, but I have a smaller car now and am going a different route. I was told by Tubenut that the amp was clamped at 2400w at 1.5ohms, so should do a solid 3k at 1ohm. I ran it at 2ohms before rise, and was very happy with it, never really took it lower

EDIT: Here is a link with gut shots during Tommy's build up, as well as clamped numbers. 2348w@1.15, not 1.5, my mistake. He also claimed that it still had more in it, but that's the number he got.

Lightning Audio Storm 2000.1 Team edition - Car Stereo Classifieds

Price:

$350 shipped obo?

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping included.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Gut shots will be added as soon as I can find them in my photobucket, until then, check my build thread for the guts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danny Britain had modded ones in his toy when he set world records. BUT they were modded for 16v+ if i remember right
modded for 16v and modded power supply and rails

and if this is the same Tubenut from 03-05 when I was on here or the other board I don't rmeember him just modding the regulator he went all out from what I recall unless it was just a request for something

Link added to OP, it was on CSCO, that's why I couldn't find it. Clamped numbers in there, it was 2348@1.15, not 1.5, I remembered incorrectly.

Link added to OP, it was on CSCO, that's why I couldn't find it. Clamped numbers in there, it was 2348@1.15, not 1.5, I remembered incorrectly.
Like I said far from 3k.... And that was with a starting @ .5 ohm voltage @ 15.4 dropping down to 14.8. What do u think it does at 13.8? Either way they are still nice amps sorry for coming off like a jerk good luck with the sale.

Its weird that all of you jump on bandwagons but don't ever listen to some one who actually ran that amp when they came out in 2003.... sounds like u need some more12'ers lmfao.

No worries Trippy, I didn't think your post was too bad. You were pretty much right on, needed to have an upgraded power supply and mofsets, both of which have been done. I wouldn't say it's not even close to 3k, as in the link Tommy said there was still some work to be done with the gains and estimated another 500w or so. But, oh well. It's a solid amp no matter what, I am sure it's next owner will be happy with it.

Oh, and thanks for all the bumps/views lol.

No worries Trippy, I didn't think your post was too bad. You were pretty much right on, needed to have an upgraded power supply and mofsets, both of which have been done. I wouldn't say it's not even close to 3k, as in the link Tommy said there was still some work to be done with the gains and estimated another 500w or so. But, oh well. It's a solid amp no matter what, I am sure it's next owner will be happy with it.

Oh, and thanks for all the bumps/views lol.
No problem man and I wasn't trying to take anything from your ad they are solid amps.

well, i happen to have one of the 1000's. the problem with the amps in stock form, is that the intersil fets have legs made from brittle metal, and break off over time with vibration, leaving the remaining fets to carry the load. so, as this happens, the power output goes down, until it fails. so, 90% sure that this is what happened when it failed, and you would notice more power even if it was the same amp, only new. the one i have, i plan on modding similarly, as it actually is a nice, stout amp, save for the fets used. so, this is actually coming from a guy who actually knows the specifics of the amp in question, above and beyond just owning one. just replacing the fets makes this a better/upgraded amp than stock. you should do some reading around before becoming a know-it-all in the classified section. curious to see pics of the handy-work. any idea what outputs were used?

got the page to load, and i can verify that the amp in that thread has definitely been upgraded exactly as described. should probably post current pics. if it still does 600rms @ 4ohms, then it would show that rail sag condition(strained, stock) has been made more stable, and that there is more to be had from the amp. 3k is feasible, imho, just a matter of what ohm load.

-Heath H-

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.