FS: Headlight Relays (Keep low beams on with highs)

hmmm... tempted for my blazer... hate flicking my HIDs on and off....
That was the primary reason I made one of these for myself. Its really nice when you switch back to low beam and you don't have to wait for the bulb to warm up.

no offense, but this is easier and cheaper to do with about 3$ and your light harness underneath the dash...
here is an example on a silverado

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/general-discussion/tech-articles2/218836-4-hi-headlight-mod-03-a.html

works amazing. but your way will also work great. just might be more cost effective if you helped people out this way...never know

Good Find!

The one main advantage my setup has over that is mine has a separate power source, so you're not pulling more current through your stock wiring. I doubt its a problem on the GM's, but in some vehicles (like mine) the stock wiring is very small and can be prone to burn out.

Also, my setup works on any vehicle. The body control module (BCM) will vary from vehicle to vehicle. My method takes the work out of figuring out what wire goes where etc. Granted, if you get a pinout for your specific vehicle the method you mentioned would work.

Isnt having both high and low beam on to much for the bulb?my brother blew his lights one time doing something similar. Just a thought.
I don't know about his specific vehicle, but my setups have been used on many dual-beam bulb setups before without any problems.

if im not mistaken these dont work on dual filimint bulbs like the 9007? but if you have 9005 or 9006 lights on two sets of bulbs for each headlight i think it works pretty good, i bought a relay and wired one myself, PAIN IN THE REAR, i would gladly pay 20 for this, and its not like that one that goes under your dash, the relay doesnt draw power from your low beams to your highs, i dont think? anyway, nice product

no offense, but this is easier and cheaper to do with about 3$ and your light harness underneath the dash...
here is an example on a silverado

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/general-discussion/tech-articles2/218836-4-hi-headlight-mod-03-a.html

works amazing. but your way will also work great. just might be more cost effective if you helped people out this way...never know
FYI, not trying to hate but.....

Rules stickied say:

No post dumping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss3079

If you don't like the price someone wants, tough ****.

If you're not interested, don't bother posting.

if im not mistaken these dont work on dual filimint bulbs like the 9007? but if you have 9005 or 9006 lights on two sets of bulbs for each headlight i think it works pretty good, i bought a relay and wired one myself, PAIN IN THE REAR, i would gladly pay 20 for this, and its not like that one that goes under your dash, the relay doesnt draw power from your low beams to your highs, i dont think? anyway, nice product
These DO work on dual filament bulbs. In fact I prototyped this setup on a dual filament H4 Thanks for the props btw.

I have 3 in stock currently, if anyone is interested please PM me.

Thanks TonyC, no need to flame blackbonnie though, he's a good guy

These DO work on dual filament bulbs. In fact I prototyped this setup on a dual filament H4 Thanks for the props btw.
I have 3 in stock currently, if anyone is interested please PM me.

Thanks TonyC, no need to flame blackbonnie though, he's a good guy
Word, I feel ya and I wasn't flaming him, just stating the rules that's all. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I mean no disrespect to him, I swear. Have a good weekend and BUMP!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

chereck04

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
chereck04
Erie, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies