FS: Headlight Relays (Keep low beams on with highs)

[it also states no delaers, wholesalers, or mass item ads

this guy is obviously manufacturing and selling for a profit with more than 1 piece of product for sale. it is no mystery that relays, fuse holders, and wire can be bought in bulk and these can be made for $3-5.

that means, if he is running a business he should pay up to advertise on here.

FYI, not trying to hate but.....
Rules stickied say:

No post dumping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss3079

If you don't like the price someone wants, tough ****.

If you're not interested, don't bother posting.

[it also states no delaers, wholesalers, or mass item ads
this guy is obviously manufacturing and selling for a profit with more than 1 piece of product for sale. it is no mystery that relays, fuse holders, and wire can be bought in bulk and these can be made for $3-5.

that means, if he is running a business he should pay up to advertise on here.
I am not a dealer nor wholesaler - I order my parts from partsexpress.com just like everyone else. I personally encourage you to make these for $3-5 as you claim - I will even post my partsexpress invoices if it will get the sand out of your ****** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You can't even make them with cheapo ebay parts that cheap!!!

Here are my parts:

Relay Harness

Relay

In Line Fuse Holder

Fuses

Ring Terminals

Wire is 12 gauge from a $19 per 100' spool at Advance Auto, Each unit takes about 10'

Heat Shrink is from a $2 pack from radio shack, typically makes 3 units from it

The color coding for the wires is old nail polish from my girlfriend ($$$Free$$$)

The crimp on connectors are $6 for a box of 25 at Home Depot

The padded envelopes they get shipped in are roughly $1.25 each from Walmart

Shipping w/ delivery confirmation costs around $3.50-3.75

So, by the time you add in the rosin core solder, gas for the soldering iron, and the time I spent figuring this out and making these little setups I think I deserve my little $3-4 profit. The last time I made these I made a batch of 5, just-in-case you want to figure out a unit cost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif If you want to call 3 items mass selling then sure, I would GLADLY pay 10% of my $3-4 profit on them for advertising //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif In fact I would gladly $20 donate to support this forum if I didn't just get ripped off $220 from a shady seller.

Bottom line: I make these things so people can get the dual-beam effect they want. A similar setup has been being sold for years out of the LMC truck catalog for $25 that works on the same principle and isn't NEARLY as nice as the one I make. There are cheaper ways, but they require way more involvement. My unit is simple to use, and can be installed by even the most novice installers within minutes since there is no cutting/soldering required.

Parts express is as close to wholesale as I get. I make them in batches of 5 because thats how many I can typically sell in 4-6 weeks. They're made in the basement of my college apartment, using a clamp-on vise attached to the laundry folding table.... big lucrative business there lol...

As far as bulk sales go, What about the certain few people who are always selling multiple lengths of wire and fuse holders? (not mentioning any names //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I like my cheap 1/0 and 2/0 wire)

I always do my best to be the best seller I can be. Sounds cheesy, but look at my feedback - it speaks for itself. I package my stuff well, and usually get it shipped the next day on my way to work. If something comes up and I don't get it shipped the next day I pm or call the buyer to let them know whats going on, because I hate to be left in the dark whenever I buy stuff.

If me selling these on here is a problem then please contact a moderator and have them pm me and I will take care of things. Thanks for your concern.

Just thought I would share what I got as a reply from the one guy who bought one of these setups from me:

omg i just got it put in and i could not be happier seeing both the high and low beams on at the same time is just awesome i love it thanks for all your help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumbcool:

I still have 3 for sale. If anyone's interested please let me know!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

chereck04

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
chereck04
Erie, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies