db xTc
10+ year member

PA
Item(s) for Sale:

Two 9512's

Dual 1 ohm alum coils

Supercharged motors

Item(s) Description/Condition:

These subs were originally built as 10" H series that I purchased in October. Due to class changes between 2011 and 2012, I needed to upgrade to 12's. Recones were purchased in Feb 2012. The subs are built as the new I series with the new suspension design. (the H series and I series share the same motor, so these are I series from top to bottom).

The new suspension is much looser than the previous spider pack so they offer better low end and some comparisons show they are louder and more efficient.

These have minimal use on them, I installed them in early March and used them lightly for daily use and attended SBN. By light daily use, I mean well under 120dB. My mids are powered off the headunit so it hard for them to keep up with the subs. At SBN, I scored 152.2 in IASCA stock trunk 1 class.

Condition:

Mechanical is 9/10 no issues whatsoever. (no used sub is 10/10 in my opinion)

Cosmetic is 7/10 there is a few small smudges of CA glue/silicone on the surrounds. The one dust cap has a thin line of CA glue on it that looks like a scratch. (glue is messy and I used liberal amounts of glue!) No gaskets included, I seal subs with silicon. Gaskets are $7.00 each from DD, if you need them. I tried to capture these flaws in the pics, they don't look bad.

I am selling all my gear as some family commitments have come up and they take priority over my hobbies.

Price:

$850 + shipping

***only trade considered would be one SA12 with D2 coils

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

To calculate shipping:

Value: $425 each

Weight: 57lbs

Box: 15w X 15d X 14h

Items will ship in original DD cartons. The foam padding can be modified to the the 12" baskets, since they were originally 10's.

c0227640.jpg

1ee15691.jpg

b50f581c.jpg

af9bf0ae.jpg

ee6c03fc.jpg

2396c48c.jpg

2c983b43.jpg

63c8249e.jpg

4e99dee5.jpg

Honestly, I don't even want to sell these, but I need my trunk space back and a small, light weight enclosure that can easily be removed. I won't have the time to compete this summer and need to raise cash to fund some home remodeling projects. I already sold my amp, batteries... These and my meter is all I have left

Theres no chance of fitting a 15" in the trunk of my civic. I only have 14.5" of height under the rear deck.

Honestly, I don't even want to sell these, but I need my trunk space back and a small, light weight enclosure that can easily be removed. I won't have the time to compete this summer and need to raise cash to fund some home remodeling projects. I already sold my amp, batteries... These and my meter is all I have left
Theres no chance of fitting a 15" in the trunk of my civic. I only have 14.5" of height under the rear deck.
You could always do a sub up port forward setup.

Hit me up on your meter if you wanna sell it.

I had a question about the color of the voice coil color. These are alum coils so the don't have the golden color often seen on a copper coil. These coils are dark/blackish due to the glue/coating on the coil. That is how the came from DD. They are not tarnished due to heat.

The two pics below show the coils before use. In the bottom pic, the parts are just sitting together (if you look closely the basket is not screwed to the motor and the spiders are not attached to the basket.

2bae8abd.jpg

5202004f.jpg

I was also asked about the enclosure they were in and if I had a video of them playing.

Unfortunately, I pulled the amp and sold it a couple weeks ago. No vids of the subs themselves, but here is box and a video from SBN last month. Besides a few test burps, this is the only real use the subs had. Like I said, I have a Polk component set powered by my $99 headunit. I have little use for a sub stage for daily use. Not to mention, my box was not exactly "musical" to begin with.

c8c8973c.jpg

This link has the video from SBN.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn310/philcav7/0dc2f69d.mp4

Any other questions, let me know.

Thanks.

Bump.

Due to the high shipping cost, I have lowered the price. However, I will no longer consider trades. Retail price on these are over $1440 with the supercharged motors and low impedance coils.

New price: $760+ shipping

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.