FS - Custom Ipad Mini mounting tray with lightening DAC

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mattk11

I made this iPad mini mounting tray that I was going to use on an install and decided to go a different direction. It is a fiberglass mold of the iPad mini and include an integrated lightning to 30 pin adapter with the built in DAC. Which means that you can use your standard ipod connect cable with this to integrate to any head unit that is iPhone/iPad Mini compatible. It also has four rare earth magnets integrated into the pan to hold the ipad mini in place. It still needs bondo, sanding and finish work but is a great starting point.

I'm asking $100 + shipping for it OBO. It's a steal. The adapter was $45 alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely will not damage the internals. The iPad has magnets built into one edge so the Smart Cover can connect to the iPad. The smart pad cover is made with the same type of magnets.

Absolutely will not damage the internals. The iPad has magnets built into one edge so the Smart Cover can connect to the iPad. The smart pad cover is made with the same type of magnets.
Ya but those magnets are super week!!! Lol

You prolly have neo magnets.....

Ya but those magnets are super week!!! LolYou prolly have neo magnets.....
Neo Magnets - pshhh.

These are stronger than NEO, or any other kind of magnet known to man. They was mined from meteorites that fell to earth.

Anyway, my iPad sat in the mold over a week before I have a chance to take it out and it works fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.