FS: (2) Sprinter Batteries 165aH - DFW, TX Local Pickup-Bigger than Kinetik 3800

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostdaytomorrow
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Loc
1. Product:

I have two of these:

GNB Sprinter S12v500f: 165ah AGM Battery

I rarely listen to music, but rather enjoy sports talk radio during rush hour to and from work so these have been getting no use just sitting in my trunk.

These things are very serious and will hold up to a lot of current draw and will also bounce right back up to alternator voltage quickly.

These are used in industrial backup power distribution, and the company that bought an entire freight car shipment of these for a new install went out of business so a local Dallas guy (basscort I think it was) got a whole pallet of them brand new back in 2008. I bought these two in 2009 and I am the first and only user of them. They both sit right around 13 volts. I had an Excessive Amperage 200amp alternator behind these and one XS Power 3400 under the hood. I charged my battery bank every other weekend on a Schumacher charger. If you check my post history at CA.com you will see I did my due diligence research on batteries and battery chargers. In car audio, the main spec besides aH is internal resistance which in this battery is tiny at 2.6 mOhm (shown here: http://integratedpowerups.com/gnb_batteries/sprinter_s/sprinterS12V500.pdf so the battery can deliver the current right on demand when the amp needs it These were in mint condition when I bought them, and getting these things installed in the trunk of a car is no easy feat so they do have some nicks and dings and rubs on them. They are in no way physically compromised at all, I just want you to know they are not in mint condition, and I took a lot of pics to show the true condition.

2. Specs:

Specs:

-13.55" x 6.76" x 10.9"

-106lbs

-505 watts/cell, which works out to be right around 165ah

-Nearly 5000 short circuit amps

-Sealed, non-spillable, AGM technology

-Patented “Diamond Side-Wall” design to maintain structural integrity in higher operating temperatures

-Heat sealed case-to-cover bond to ensure a leak proof seal

-High-Compression Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) technology for greater than 99% recombination efficiency

-High-tin, calcium, silver, lead positive plate design for maximum service float life: 8 year design life @ 25°C (77°F); 10 year @ 20°C (68°F)

-Reliable one-way, self-resealing safety vents

-Horizontal or vertical operation

UPPI - Batteries - UPS Replacement - Exide GNB Sprinter S12V500F

165aH each

106 lbs. each

3. Description/Condition:

These are in good condition, but they are not mint. They do have scratches and scuffs, but nothing that will affect performance or safety at all. I'm also selling all of my 1/0 awg as well (mix of Knu, stinger, Kicker) and about 10 in-line 1/0 fuse holders in a different thread.

4. Price: :

145 picked up each.

250 shipped each.

5. Pictures:

I'm always fair and square and take plenty of pics to make sure the condition is easily seen. They are in good condition and have not been abused.

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to ship these...pain in the azz. Great batts though.
Yeah man, I quoted a ups from Dallas to Michigan for just one and it was 96 bucks!!

No thanks on the trade for 3 370's, I'm just downgrading to a small SQ setup. The blurry vision and windshield flexing just isn't for me anymore, getting too old I guess...

I've compared these with yellowtop g31s and of course these sprinter batteries blow them out of to water as expected.

I am willing to trade for a good component set that will take at least 150w RMS per side. I am also willing to trade for a 10" or 12" SQ Dual 2 sub that will take 1500w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...