Frustrated!!!!

its left+ and right- to bridge this amp. PG 600.2 Ti
so you think i should just run two seperate strands and tie them both into the amp bridged?
yes, that would be much better, but probably won't solve your problem unless the wire is too small. Make sure you have the LP filter on and your feeding the amp a good signal.

you sure it is + to - ?

wier is wire unless it's too small then you lose power.... and your diving the power capacity in 1/2 splitting it like that.

Now if you went from 4 ga to 8 ga then your cool..prolly even 4 to 6... But not cool to run 10ga then split it to more 10ga...

You could also wire one sub up for 2 ohms and then plug it into one channel on the amp and they ensures it is getting 300 watts. see how it sounds. Might be a problem with your amp.

the thing that confuses me is that the subs are moving all the way. If they were not recieving enough power, they wouldnt have much movement right? Maybe the box is too small too tho. Cuz since I hear the SS subs are pretty good with the lows and if ur box has a different tuning or whatever ,Yes sealed boxes can have different peaks, then it wouldnt be much loud.

i had them in a sealed box where they were getting a little over 1 cube each but they were boomy. They were a heck of alot louder and i could still bottom them out easily but i thought the box being too big had someting to do with it.

.65 should be prefectly fine for them. it seems like they are mediocre loud and then as soon as it seems like they should be hitting hard, they start popping and bottoming out.

now that i have ripped apart and reinstalled my system, i think the ss's need to either find a wall socket or burn at the stake. I hooked one up to the fosgate and although it wasn't gettin much power, it still sounded like butt. anyone in the sandiego/LA area want some ss's cheap? buy me a single jl10w3v2 and they are yours.

well im convinced it is your enclosure then. u didnt mention if you are ported or sealed right now.

fyi. the SS made close to ZERO sound outside of a box. it is very possible if the box isnt correct, you wont hear much.

its sealed and there is no possible way its the box. unless the hi qual mdf absorbs sound.

this box is without a doubt one of the best built i have ever seen. i will get some pics for you of it tommorow.

Maybe you're deaf? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

nah, took my hearing eval less than 6 months ago and i have lost some hearing from working on the helo's but i am still good overall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

f150_on_32s

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
f150_on_32s
Thibodaux, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date