Frs stock headunit question

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Buddy just bought an frs and im trying to wrap my head around some things. He wants to run android auto and the headunit he wants to run has it. At this point, this is then only addition he wants to make. In the future, possibly I may be able to talk him into adding amps

Ive installed a few systems. My car has a full 4 way set up with dsp and ive tuned it. So im pretty confident in my skills however ive never touched a newer car so im hesitant to jump in and do this myself.

#1 how hard is a stereo swap? He wants the pioneer nex4100. It has like 6 connectors on it. What would I need to have adapter wise and knowledge wise to do this?

#2 From what i understand, the stock stereo powers the dash speakers (mid and tweet i believe) and the rears. Then it sends the signal to the amp and the amp powers the door speakers. Does anyone know how the signal is steered? Is it passive crossovers all around or..?

Does the headunit send a full range to the amp and then the amp x/o all speakers but only amps the doors?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.