Front & rears same speakers but sound different.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Halenstone

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all.  This weekend I replaced all 4 factory 6x9's in my 2011 ram 1500 with Pioneer coaxial 4-ways (all the same model) and I noticed when I used the fader/balance on my aftermarket headunit that the front dish out full range sound but the rears sound like the highs have been muted quite a bit.  Now abut 3 years ago I had a Pioneer headunit installed professionally and when I looked behind the unit this weekend I noticed two black plastic boxes about the size of 2 matchboxes each hooked up to the unit.  Do you all think they may be some kind of cheap passive crossover that were installed with my head unit?  I never asked for them, but maybe in an effort to make the truck sound better with factory speakers they were installed, since I did have two 3-1/2" speakers on the dash (I replaced those this weekend as well).  The audio in the tuck sounds good as it is, but I might give the rear speakers to my wife and buy another pair that are better suited for the lower end range the rears seem to be being fed.  Your thoughts are appreciated.

Hey all.  This weekend I replaced all 4 factory 6x9's in my 2011 ram 1500 with Pioneer coaxial 4-ways (all the same model) and I noticed when I used the fader/balance on my aftermarket headunit that the front dish out full range sound but the rears sound like the highs have been muted quite a bit.  Now abut 3 years ago I had a Pioneer headunit installed professionally and when I looked behind the unit this weekend I noticed two black plastic boxes about the size of 2 matchboxes each hooked up to the unit.  Do you all think they may be some kind of cheap passive crossover that were installed with my head unit?  I never asked for them, but maybe in an effort to make the truck sound better with factory speakers they were installed, since I did have two 3-1/2" speakers on the dash (I replaced those this weekend as well).  The audio in the tuck sounds good as it is, but I might give the rear speakers to my wife and buy another pair that are better suited for the lower end range the rears seem to be being fed.  Your thoughts are appreciated.
Yes, if the black boxes are hooked to speaker wires outputting from the h/u, they are a cheap passive xover. If they are on the speaker wires leading to your rear speakers now, Id remove them and see what happens before I started buying new speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.