Front+Rear Parallel, L+R Stereo; 2-Ch. Configuration

Participant count
  • Participant list

MarshallIsMe

Hi guys,

Have a crew cab truck and have the same model 6.5" speakers purchased for the front and the rear (4-speakers, 4-ohm impedance each).

What I want to do is parallel the F-left+R-left, and F-right+R-right speakers, yielding two channels at 2-ohm per channel. Then I could power all 4 speakers using a 2-channel amp.

My question then becomes this:

What is the proper way to include all of the sound from front and rear low-level RCAs (from head unit), so that no sound is ”lost" that ends up at the amplifier? In other words, if the music contains certain sound data going to the rear, it would presumably be lost from the audio signal, by using the front output only, and vice versa. Correct? Would I want to merge the signals with a signal processor--would that be the proper way to do this?

Mainly what's going on is, I have an amp that will satisfy the power levels well in a 2-ch 2+2ohm config, as this setup would provide me. It's an impedance matching requirement, in other words. I just am a little unfamiliar with the proper way to combine front and rear outputs, when speaker models are the same.

-Thanks for any help

Thanks for any help
There is no common special program to have front to rear fade in music recording. That is mostly done for home theater. If such Dolby surround is included in a track, you must have a radio that decodes the program. Most music is recorded in stereo (left & right). So you just need the Front RCAs to go to the amp, and parallel lefts and rights.

There is no common special program to have front to rear fade in music recording. That is mostly done for home theater. If such Dolby surround is included in a track, you must have a radio that decodes the program. Most music is recorded in stereo (left & right). So you just need the Front RCAs to go to the amp, and parallel lefts and rights.

Awesome, I had thought the front channel on typical music tracks contained all sound data I just was not completely certain about this. Glad to hear that I don't actually have to worry about the rear channel at all, because I will not be playing any Dolby audio in the vehicle.

Thank you for your reply.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...