FREE Subwoofers for Review

From what I could tell just by reading about them I would think these subs (all sizes) will well in small to medium sized enclosures. If you are putting any of these drivers into larger custom enclosures be careful with power and watch the suspension. These are entry level subs so the mechanical limit will be easily reachable with much over 300 rms to any of the drivers in ported enclosures.

I asked for the 15"s too. Shipping weight on mine said 31 lbs. I was wondering if that was for 1 or 2
Yes my shipping statement is for 2 subs with the same 31lb shipping weight. I couldnt find any ts numbers on the subs either but my plan is to run them in the same 5.5cube box I have my Skar vvx subs in. Its tuned at 32hz so we will see how they perform in a small ported enclosure. I know I will have to gain down significantly to accomidate them bein entry level subs. I will be careful to take it easy on them in the beginning.

So you think a small sealed is best for power handling?
"Power handling" would not be the goal for these drivers. I would likely put them in a similar class to like a P1/P2 from RF or similar other drivers. Where they are created to fill a niche of new audio enthusiasts who want a low budget system yet still maintain a decent output.

As for T/S specs... I will get some from the 12" version for everyone. If anyone has a 10 and/or 15 (would need to be nib) they want to lend for a day I will pull them as well.

Bro you can get 4 of the dual 12s for under $100 online. I had a pair ported at 35 on 750w, and they surprised me. They will get stinky after a while though
yeah then i should get 8! lol i was most impressed with them in about .5 cubes sealed. like i said for what they are they can make a lot of the general public happy such as my GF had 3 of them and she was very happy they lasted quite a while before one blew and i certainly had them over-powered and for the money easily replaceable lol the only thing that wasnt cool to me personally is they dont dig very deep on low notes..but hey for the price what can you expect

she did get a 250 dollar ticket for disturbing the piece cop was a complete POS

Mine should be here tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

So anybody be up for a "vmi challenge" so who can put up the highest numbers from a pair of these subs? I plan to take mine to a competition this weekend as part of my review....so anyone else interested? Should be few sets out there with this giveaway:naughty:

"Power handling" would not be the goal for these drivers. I would likely put them in a similar class to like a P1/P2 from RF or similar other drivers. Where they are created to fill a niche of new audio enthusiasts who want a low budget system yet still maintain a decent output.

As for T/S specs... I will get some from the 12" version for everyone. If anyone has a 10 and/or 15 (would need to be nib) they want to lend for a day I will pull them as well.
Dustin I will send ya the 15 specs when they come in tomorrow

going to run the 12's on a RF power1000bd in a sealed 2.1 per side box and see how they do in the 4-600watts range.

EDIT then maybe do something evil and see if I can't get a full tilt burp out of them on the Popcorn4k lol

going to run the 12's on a RF power1000bd in a sealed 2.1 per side box and see how they do in the 4-600watts range.

EDIT then maybe do something evil and see if I can't get a full tilt burp out of them on the Popcorn4k lol

Do you man 2.1 sealed for both? Because 2.1 per 12" selaed is rather large. Also, that RF will be a bit much power for the pair more then likely.

Do you man 2.1 sealed for both? Because 2.1 per 12" selaed is rather large. Also, that RF will be a bit much power for the pair more then likely.
Ya think 2.1 per is too much? well I can put something in the box to take up some space then maybe drop it to like 1.5 per and I got dual 4 ohm so I can wire the pair at 4 and get lower power from amp like 6-700 also have a RF 225.2 I could use in stereo and run one on each channel at 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LuckyatVMI

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
LuckyatVMI
Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date