FREE Subwoofers for Review

I am in the same boat as you
[quote name='Jes 42']Thats true.I built a dual 15 box off their emails to me.Then come to find out i was only getting 1.I'm out 45.00 in material.I'm not mad.Just bad communication from them.Doubt i'd do business with em based off what i've seen.Some ppl they didnt even get back to. @Timmy13091 ; I'll do an honest review like I promised though. Maybe its cause i'm black.idk..lol :fro: j/k[/QUOTE]

Well got my two twelves in today, box looked good, all packaged well, one outer box, two inner boxes, a box in each box, sub's look pretty good, design is different but nice, terminals seem tight, lead wires pretty small but its budget so perfectly acceptable, overall design is great, one of mine had a blemish on the cone, the cone is off center by a barely noticeable amount, only noticeable due to mounting tabs which make it a little odd but the tabs and trim ring fitting together is nice but my box is built with the sub's face mounted so I will put some CCF stripping on the trim ring groove and throw the ring to the side

Only thing I didn't get was any stickers, I need those to add the deebeez

Well got my two twelves in today, box looked good, all packaged well, one outer box, two inner boxes, a box in each box, sub's look pretty good, design is different but nice, terminals seem tight, lead wires pretty small but its budget so perfectly acceptable, overall design is great, one of mine had a blemish on the cone, the cone is off center by a barely noticeable amount, only noticeable due to mounting tabs which make it a little odd but the tabs and trim ring fitting together is nice but my box is built with the sub's face mounted so I will put some CCF stripping on the trim ring groove and throw the ring to the side
Only thing I didn't get was any stickers, I need those to add the deebeez
hey i didn't get no stickers either!!! lol

Alright guys, I'll look through all the new PMs this afternoon but wanted to quickly address a few posts here.

Our account manager is shipping these to the exact address that you've provided - if there was no name - your username was probably used. Ahmed Johnson I'm looking at you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Here is a screen-shot of your message (no name)

Bn15Uz9.png

Also, if mistakes were made - rest assured we'll fix them.

We'd like to also point out that if you messaged me this week asking for a sub to review - you are about 2 weeks late to the party (please see the original post date).

There were a limited number of subs to give out - I believe we still have a few 10" for review though.

Be right back...

Here is the review I posted on Amazon.com....

"I was sent 2 of these to review as a third party by a VM rep on Caraudio.com. They arrived quickly and were securely shipped. The are entry level low power subs so don't expect to throw a 5k amp on these and break windshields. I mounted the subs in a 2.6 cubic foot sealed box and ran them off a Rockford Fosgate Prime 150.2 amplifier bridged and delivering about 200 watts. They have a tight punchy bass with good for price sound. They responded well throughout the range 30-150hz they were smooth and over all decent entry level subs for the price offered. I would not run more than 500 watts to a pair because when I hooked them up to my Rockford Fosgate Power500bd and played full tilt they did begin to smell slightly but did handle the power for a full 15 mins of testing but were fairly warm. Overall they are very decent entry level subs and at the price offered I would not hesitate to purchase them myself."

Alright guys, I'll look through all the new PMs this afternoon but wanted to quickly address a few posts here.
Our account manager is shipping these to the exact address that you've provided - if there was no name - your username was probably used. Ahmed Johnson I'm looking at you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Here is a screen-shot of your message (no name)

Bn15Uz9.png

We'd like to also point out that if you messaged me this week asking for a sub to review - you are about 2 weeks late to the party (please see the original post date).

There were a limited number of subs to give out - I believe we still have a few 10" for review though.

Be right back...
I responded the day the post was up, no subs. I will gladly review some tens

oops... My bad!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Bn15Uz9.png

Be right back...

Just got mine in today. They did an amazing job packing them. Had to cut through like 4 boxes. I got 2 15" dvc 4ohms. My first impression out of the box is that they do look nice. I like the gloss look a lot better than I did in the pics online. On to the rest of it. I am comparing these to other subs and keep in mind that the lowest quality subs that I have ever ran have been JL 12W3v3's. the basket is a horrid design. I do not like it at all. It is very thin and I don't care for the two different patterns. Despite being thin, it is sufficient for the weight of the sub. I was able to press the cone in a good inch out of the box. So I suspect that this will hit mechanical limits rather quickly. I wouldn't think putting it in the 2 cubes box they recommend would work very well. Looks like it has pretty good cooling. It has a single spider with the tinsel leads sewn in. I wasn't expecting that on an entry level sub. Nice push terminals that are nice and right. Be careful with them though as the platform for the spider landing and the terminals are made of a rather thin plastic. I could see it breaking pretty easily when pushing on the terminals if you don't do it right. The motor has a large plastic covering. Reminds me a lot of early rockford punch subs. I tried cutting it off real quick but it's glued on pretty well. After I test them out in a box I will get into it better and cut it off to get a better look at the motor. While it has its little flaws and obvious shortcuts in quality, it is to be expected at the price. All in all, my out of the box impression is that these subs are an amazing value at $100 shipped for 2 of them. If I was on a tight budget I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy them. But as we all know, it doesn't matter how a sub looks. It's all about how it performs. So I will follow this up once I build the box for them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LuckyatVMI

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
LuckyatVMI
Lincoln, NE (VMInnovations HQ)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date