Free section?

Here are some rules from my old freebie thread to help start out with.

Rules:

If you request something or receive an item from someone please give back to the thread.

Don't be greedy.

Post the name of the person that gets your item.

New members should offer something before making a request.

Try to offer items that people have use for.

It's free so receiver pays shipping.

When paying through paypal please pay the paypal fees. These would otherwise be sellers fees but since there is no 'seller' the buyer should pay this fee.

Be generous.

Only freebies, no selling or trading.

No spamming/advertising
These would be adequate if there is an actual section made, not just a thread. Let's see if Goob will do somethin.

Yeah, this would be a great idea to do... I've got a few things I'd get rid of just for shipping.... Already done it for a guy for some coax mids..

There can be no real rules, other than one person cannot take from the thread more than once a month.

Trying to tell someone they can't take something without posting something is a lil ridiculous. They are coming to the free thread cause they have no monies and no gear.

Greed always overcomes these threads. People with post counts of 100 or less come in to take. Heck, people will make accounts to get a freebie.

People who don't need the stuff...all the old timers.....are the ones who post up gear. So it is never really a win-win situation.

What kinda boxes? I'm from Lexington sc. Right outside Columbia.
right now i don't have much i just got rid of a bunch of stuff to friends and other ppl, but i usually have all sorts of boxes laying around just trying different configurations and subs and whatever.

right now i don't have much i just got rid of a bunch of stuff to friends and other ppl, but i usually have all sorts of boxes laying around just trying different configurations and subs and whatever.
I need something for a couple 15s lol

i'm probably going to be switching my setup very soon ill hit you up when i do to see if you still need it that's what i have now is 2 15's sub up port back.
I'll pay for it if the price is right

would be nice if you receive something maybe you could leave positive feedback for that person, this would be a easy way for someone with 0 feedback to gain some trust on this forum

I have an old polk audio momo 10" SVC 4 ohm. Model MM10 I believe. it has the red dustcap.I'd love that thing gone. It has a tear in the suspension around the venting pole. It plays. But sounds like shirt
now this, i want. have always had a thing for old school polk. bringing a pair of old db8's back to life.

anywaysm you could ask a lot, but some of the "rules" are a little far-fetched. yah, like cl, other sites have functioning freebies sections. there is nothing wrong with the one on caco, other than it is not real active. pretty simple, post up what you have for free. "sell" to who you want. if it's the first guy, so be it. if you want it to be someone who really wants, needs, could put it to good use, or otherwise "fits" as a recipient, that's up to you. i do agree, just saying "gimmie stuff" guys should post in the wtb section, not the frrebie. otherwise the whole section would be flooded with gimmies. it really is that simple to work. i also like the "broken and non-working" and speaker/amp parts sections at caco. i'm looking at those constantly. maybe all 3-4 new sub-forums in one section would be a good addition. people might be more inclined to post up free stuff, given a section for it

now this, i want. have always had a thing for old school polk. bringing a pair of old db8's back to life.
anywaysm you could ask a lot, but some of the "rules" are a little far-fetched. yah, like cl, other sites have functioning freebies sections. there is nothing wrong with the one on caco, other than it is not real active. pretty simple, post up what you have for free. "sell" to who you want. if it's the first guy, so be it. if you want it to be someone who really wants, needs, could put it to good use, or otherwise "fits" as a recipient, that's up to you. i do agree, just saying "gimmie stuff" guys should post in the wtb section, not the frrebie. otherwise the whole section would be flooded with gimmies. it really is that simple to work. i also like the "broken and non-working" and speaker/amp parts sections at caco. i'm looking at those constantly. maybe all 3-4 new sub-forums in one section would be a good addition. people might be more inclined to post up free stuff, given a section for it
It's yours if you want it. It's sitting in my room as a paperweight. I have 2 of them. But the other is working and I believe my brother wants it.

I have RF T2000 blown. You want it pay ship. or pick it up if around Pittsburgh

GONE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.