free air help

Participant count
  • Participant list

lacboi
10+ year member

Atl,Ga
I always thought about an infinite baffle setup(seen the camry in a thred on here), my 89 deville had good low end my 2000 dts had good lowend my moms cts (same 10 inch bose sub as dts). So i figured why not go that route, and plus weight will hurt my car since im trying to get it run 12s in the 1/4 mile. i have a mtx 7000 series 10 but wanted to use a 15 or would a single 10 get the job done? I had a l7 in mind since it its square and has more cone. i have a pma1000da as of now for a sub amp and a infinity 7450 for my mids and hi's. I do know that the power rating of the sub goes down when you go freeair so what would you guys recommend?

I do have a budget but since i have amps im not worried bought the price on a single sub. But i still like bang for the buck products keep that in mind lol.

Oh the car is a 99 pontiac grand prix gtp. I thought a freeair setup would be ok since the arm rest on the back seat is easy to work with.

1.your power handling goes down drastically

2. look for subs meant for specific IB setup unless you plan to drastically under power.

3. i believe higher Bl(magnet force) along with a tight suspension is good for free air applications..

i dont really have any input on free air since ive never done it, but im sure if you search around you can find something used in here and you ca try to imitate something already done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.