Found my next Double Din!!!!

******* sick *** HU! not feeln the pre-outs thou....

last time i measured the voltage from a clarion they where marketed at 4v and where at 2.7v lol

Some of the 2007 and 2008 Clarions had 6v/6ch outputs (575,675,775,585,785). The 2008s were probably the last good year for Clarion single din decks, but I wasn't a fan of "SlidetraK", since Hitachi took over they just aren't what they used to be. I heard a rumor they were considering pulling out of aftermarket and doing OEM only.
Find me a 785USB with 6v preouts.

I never said that YOU (or anyone) said it was slow to bootup, I just meant that because it's cheaper elsewhere doesn't qualify it as slow or.....
Also, I don't recall Clarion ever making a HU with 6v outs, the highest was 4v. They did however make an EQ that would put out 6 or 7v.

I have Clarion brochures for 93,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,and 11. No where do I see a 6v HU. The 9255's had the most stout output sections, capable of up to 9v, but with both the treble/bass boosted.
This is the exact one that I have. I already know about the Clarions of the past and present. No need for a brochure.

Here you go: Clarion DXZ585USB CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Right off of Clarion's Website: Clarion U.S.A. | DXZ585USB

Well first of all i love my pioneer! And i have never really been a Clarion fan.....but this new unit is looking GREAT! Built in Nav..3-D maps.....bluetooth...4v pre's.....hp and lp...parametric eq......all the bells and whistles.....but what i love is the animated GUI! You can slide to the next page like a iphone and rearrange your buttons....cool as ****! Found it for around $600 shipped....check it out!
I got this unit installed last week but I have a couple of concerns. On the Bluetooth audio as well as the telephone I'm getting pretty bad feedback/revurb. I called Clarion and they said it could be fixed with an amp, but I don't think a unit should NEED an amp to work properly.

Also, when I turn the car off then back on, the Sirius defaults back to a list of all channels instead of my presets. That gets kind of annoying having to change that every time I get back in the car!

Have you come across anything like this?

been eyeballing that model for a while, but not getting it till i get rid of my old car. though i hope their not on par with Pioneer, i freaking hate pioneer and my current one with its stupid super tuner 3 actually has worse radio reception than my stock oem unit and thats a mild complaint of many.

been eyeballing that model for a while, but not getting it till i get rid of my old car. though i hope their not on par with Pioneer, i freaking hate pioneer and my current one with its stupid super tuner 3 actually has worse radio reception than my stock oem unit and thats a mild complaint of many.
I had the Z110BT in my last Tahoe and the sound/reception was fine but the nav was so bad that I quit using it and started using Navigon on my iPhone.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

menu's look laggy. no thank u.
Menus aren't laggy on mine. Actually much faster than on the new Kenwoods.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.