All inclusive Double Din unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello - I've been spoiled by the stock unit in my 2010 Volkswagon Golf (Double Din, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite, Navigation, Bluetooth A2DP and phone integration, iPod interface, USB Hard Drive input, SD Card) and would like to know if there is an aftermarket equivalent that I could put into my 05' 350Z?

Most aftermarket decks make you purchase modules for everything but there isn't alot of room in this car!

I looked over some of the current double DIN navigation head units on Crutchfield.com. None of them have everything you want. JVC offers built-in HD Radio. All the other big name companies would require an HD Radio module and a satellite radio module. Sirius and XM are the same company now and there is a new universal tuner module coming out later this year. Bottom line, you will have to have at least a satellite radio module. For external media support, Pioneer looks to have the best support for the number of files that can be recognized. Clarion is limited to only 512 total files, which is ridiculous. Pioneer can read 2,500 max on external media such as a hard drive or MicroSD card.

Everything in your list with the exception of satellite radio is included in the Kenwood DNX-9980HD. It costs a pretty penny, but there is a 300 dollar rebate going on now. With regard to USB capacity, I can't remember how many levels deep you can go, but you have to limit the files in folders and the number of folders to 255 at each level which would surpass 2500 for digital media on external drives, if configured properly. I have an iPod Classic to avoid such, ~26000 songs and counting. I use the iPhone to supplement, but could see USB as a viable option for quickly incorporating the latest tracks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.