Found a Used Pioneer P99RS on ebay...I am debating on getting it...Yes or no?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not trying to be mean, but if you have to ask, it is probably too much deck. Seems to be a complete pita to tune as well.

U can run active now
I know I can. and will be once I get the audison in and the daytons.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

[/color]

Not trying to be mean, but if you have to ask, it is probably too much deck. Seems to be a complete pita to tune as well.
That is what I was thinking too. As I typed it out. I was thinking. I bet it is too much for me.

Why would it be a PITA to tune?

It is not like any other deck, you can ask West for more specifics on why it ***** so bad. I just remember him saying how much trouble it was.

It is not like any other deck, you can ask West for more specifics on why it ***** so bad. I just remember him saying how much trouble it was.
taylorfade has it. I will see what he says. If it is hard to tune...then it would not be for me...I am just getting into running a system that consists of more than a cheap HU and a sub with a sub amp.

Too late, I bought it.

It is a PITA compared to the 80PRS. Comparatively, 80 PRS is like the normal setting on games, 99PRS is that level you only unlock by beating the game once. You will rage quit a few times before finally getting the resolve to set it properly.

I'm pretty sure you will not be able to tune it much unless you have the manual on hand to follow the step by step. It's not nearly intuitive as most h/u.

Too late, I bought it.
It is a PITA compared to the 80PRS. Comparatively, 80 PRS is like the normal setting on games, 99PRS is that level you only unlock by beating the game once. You will rage quit a few times before finally getting the resolve to set it properly.
lulz
Like iz on roids?

Too late, I bought it.
Fudge that.

It's no more difficult to tune than the 80. It's being 3 way active front that makes tuning a beast. Not the HU. I actually think it's a breeze. Especially since you can do all of the tuning with the remote. That alone is worth a couple hundred bucks to me. Lol.

If you have $900 to spend, do it. You won't be sorry. I paid more and I'm not. And I also came from an 80.

It's no more difficult to tune than the 80. It's being 3 way active front that makes tuning a beast. Not the HU. I actually think it's a breeze. Especially since you can do all of the tuning with the remote. That alone is worth a couple hundred bucks to me. Lol.
If you have $900 to spend, do it. You won't be sorry. I paid more and I'm not. And I also came from an 80.
Why is tuning a beast for 3 way active fronts? I am going to be running a 3 way front stage and a sub stage.

I looked up a picture of the remote. It looks like it replicates the 2 dials on the HU. And it looks like it has a center click wheel set up. Kind of like an ipod classic.

So you think a n00b like me would still be able to fully appreciate that high end HU?

Why is tuning a beast for 3 way active fronts?Can I see a picture of the remote?

So you think a n00b would still be able to fully appreciate that high end HU?
I'll get you a pic of it if you want. It's bit clunky but still smaller than an Alpine remote. And its got a little track wheel on it.

3 way is tough because there is just... so much going on. There's an inside joke quote over at DIYMA that one of the regulars likes to say... "If you can't get a 2 way to sound good, a 3 way will rape your mother."

ANYBODY can appreciate that high end of a HU. It's a treat and a pleasure to own such an amazing piece. Think about it... it's been called the best HU in the world. It's an honor to have one in my dash. And I hate Pioneer. Lol.

You know what's funny is that I have all of this extra processing. I have an extra 15bands of EQ over what the 80prs had... but I use less of it than when I had the 80 with the same exact setup. That's how good it sounds.

Why is tuning a beast for 3 way active fronts? I am going to be running a 3 way front stage and a sub stage.I looked up a picture of the remote. It looks like it replicates the 2 dials on the HU. And it looks like it has a center click wheel set up. Kind of like an ipod classic.

So you think a n00b like me would still be able to fully appreciate that high end HU?
Think about the people you wanted to speak to in this thread....why did you want to speak to them about the purchase? Because they had used the HU.

Thats how most if not all things are in this hobby. Until you use/experience it, you cannot offer nearly as much help as someone who has. You will never learn, if you don't try it.

I know this to be true from my own experiences. When I first really started building setups, I didn't have a job and was building off money I scraped up from random jobs. B/c of that, I couldn't afford the equipment I wanted but I could read ALL about it. Still, it wasn't until I actually got my hands on the gear that I was able to understand it.

I say go for it if you have the cash but I doubt you'll get 250 for your 80PRS. You can get a new one for just a few bucks more.

Either way, don't be afraid to try out new gear because you don't know as much as others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.