Found a new way to cut wire!

RandyJ
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
Well, after dicking around with the wiring in my Hoe the other night and failing to cut through it with the provisions I had at bay, I got pissed and used my electric angle grinder. Worked great, smooth cut, no freyes (sp?) on the wire nor the insulation, and it went through without a problem. No hurt hands, no fudged up cuts, just real nice and simple. Just thought I would let ayll know in case you have one handy and had never thought of it.

BTW, a grinding wheels works as well as a cutting wheel.

Electric_Angel_Grinder.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D:D:D

i like crayola childs scissors lol or my neighbor edward scissorhands works magic with cutting things lol

nah man good job wonder why no ones tryed that before

you couldnt have posted this suggestion a little earlier, i just wired my car with 0 gauge and it was a ***** tryin to cut and strip it with only a dull pair of wire clippers........

I've done that with my dremel and a cutting wheel. I VASTLY prefer my wire cutters (i.e. bolt cutters) to any other method.

I agree with whoever said it earlier. Like buddah...

I suggest you provision some bolt cutters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.