Fosgate HE problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

DarkAsylumn XI

CarAudio.com Newbie
usa
i have an old he in a fosgate designed box and today it started just cutting out. I would have to go and push the sub to get it to start working again. what so i need to look for. and if it is blown what would be a good replacement for that sub

If it is blown, which it sounds like its is or close to it then it might be difficult to replace
They sure don't make them like that anymore
All the bump and you only needed 200-250 watts to do it
I'm pretty sure you can get it fixed but I think supplies are in demand right now

yeah i push it with a p3001. i Was afraid of that. is there any speaker that can hit close to these with just the p3001. or am i going to be buying a new sub and amp

I'd say both
Good news is the prices have come down if you know where to look
Soundqubed HDS2 series subs are good and you can pick up a 12 for $150 (dual 2 @ 600 watts rms)
The S1-850(850 watts @ 1 ohm) amp is only $160 or the SFB 600 (600 watts at 1 ohm) from sundown is only $129 at woofersetc
I guess it boils down to your box
I don't suggest using the box from the fosgate and I do suggest going ported.
If your at all handy with tools they are not that hard to build and Buck can sell you some custom blueprints to build one
They are more than worth the price he charges which is very reasonable

the fosgate designed box is a ported box at 2.25 cft. i had sent my space requiremsnts to the fosgate team and they designed me a ported enclosure for my space, tuned at 36hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...