Fosgate Amp Fully Exteding Sub and Holding it There...No Sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thejkaz

I have a Rockford Fosgate 301S that I have had for many years. It has been in several vehicles and gone through even more subs. I took it out of my SUV when I sold it about 2 years ago and has been sitting in the trunk of my car disconnected since. I recently decided to set it up, ran all the wiring, installed line out converter from the bose sound system and fired it up and bam nothing. The sub fully extends but no movement and no sound. I disconnected the inputs but the sub remains fully extended. I quickly disconnected the sub and began some testing. I moved the ground twice with the same result. I connected my multi-meter and I am getting almost 30 volts DC from my amp WTF. It was working perfectly when I removed it from my SUV. IT has not been knocked around or gotten wet. I opened it up and there are no burns, no bulging caps or anything else that I can visually see wrong with the internals. I know amps go bad and Mosfet chips fail but I see no reason that my amp is doing this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Justin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.