Forgotten stash, Pioneer DEH-P860MP...ACTIVE 3way HU.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Canaan
10+ year member

Beatin' the block down
$140 shipped

Lower 48.

Item(s) for Sale:

PIONEER DEH-P860MP

FIRST OFF....

READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE CONTACTING ME!!!!

I REPEAT

READ EVERYTHING BELOW

Ok, so I cleaned out my closet tonight and found my old 860MP. Figured it was time to part ways.

I figure, since I forgot I had it, then found it....well, might as-well sell it.

It served me well 'back in the day'.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

As you can see in the pics, the screen is in pretty good shape. Light scratches and a little lint under the top layer of plastic. The volume knob has roughly 30% wear on the paint.

Over all, this unit is in moderate used physical condition.

NOW ON TO THE IMPORTANT PART OF THIS DESCRIPTION:

"Back in the day", I had 2 of these 860MP Hu's...in 2 different vehicles...One developed the dreaded 'Pioneer Pico-fuse' issue, the other did not. Both functioned otherwise flawlessly, but I have since sold my 'other' 860mp and can not remember it this one is the unit w/ the fault, or the one I sold awhile back.

THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM.....

So. I know this unit is in pretty good physical condition.

And, I know all the physical buttons function properly.

But I can't promise that this unit does not have the dreaded "pico-fuse"/whine/ground issue that was so common w/ other Pioneer units in its day.

If you know Pioneer and their ground-noise past, you likely know how to repair this flaw.

Anyways, I am going to offer this HU in an "AS-IS" fashion.

I will test the HU in my shop tomorrow and post a video of it working.

But this vid will come from the HU running from a regulated power supply on a TEST BENCH.

So, I can't say that this HU won't produce ground noise 'in-vehicle' while powered by an alternator.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

3-1_zpsab1f4711.jpg'%20alt='3-1_zpsab1f4711.jpg'>

Well, I know and promise it functions 100% mechanically and electronically. Both of my 860's did so when I pulled them from their respective vehicles.

But one had the Pico-fuse ground whine problem, so I'm 50-50 to say if this is 'the one'.

Thus the reason I said this unit is 'AS-IS'

I can and WILL show this unit functions normally on a power supply/test-bench, but as I said...I can't promise that the buyer will not see engine noise.

But the Pioneer Pico-fuse "fix" is readily available online.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.