Who makes the Best Cars and Trucks

• Ford

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • Chevy

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • Dodge

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
Dodge is lowtech? You call fuel injected push-rod V-8's 'low-tech'? I didn't think so. And it doesn't take much to push a 5.2 (like my for example) from 230 HP and 250 ft. lbs. torqe to well over 300 HP and 400 ft. lbs. torqe.

but then again most V-6's come out w/ 200-300 HP from japan.

and most Jap V-8's that lose 1 liter in displacement will still make more power than your Dodge pushrod 5.2 will ever dream about producing.

may i use the Toyota i-force V-8 for example.... powered the 1st import to over 200 MPH. and that is a 4.6 liter. It is still not as good as the custom built 5.7's used to power the Funny/Top Fuel cars, but then again if you're sqeezing 1000 hp. per liter, that's 1000 hp. that the Toyota motor cannot produce.

1 more thing. HP per liter...

your low tech dodge. 5.2 liters, 230 hp = 44.23 HP per liter.

may i use the S2000, 2 liters, 240 HP. hmm.... would that be 120 hp per liter.

celica GT-S, 1.8 liters, 180 HP. hmm... 100 hp per liter.

Civic SI, 1.6 liters, 160 HP. hmmm... 100 HP per liter.

i can go on, but i think it would just be rubbing it in how right i was, oh wait i think i will.

How much does a viper GTS go for??? around 70-100k.. i'm not sure on the price, and it still doesn't put out 100 HP per liter, it is darn close, but look at the money you are spending to get that kind of power out of a low tech engine. it takes a lot of money, and a lot of gas. Hondas, toyota, and other companies are getting that kind of performance out of their engines while maintaining great efficiency, and keeping the price down. with the amount of money that you spent on the viper, you could buy a turbo, nitrous, and build the engine of a honda to make it spank the hell out of you LOW TECH viper.

as i said before, don't get me going on cars. i know too much.. and i always get people mad at me.

I do beleive the 99' model of the Nissan Maxima made 240 HP so your wrong. And for all those little import engines you're talking about? They are so hopped up from the factory, the only way to boost them in power is to do radical hop ups like aftermarket turbos and cheating with 'NOS'.

but then again most V-6's come out w/ 200-300 HP from japan.
Are you talking about the NSX and other highly rare cars that only once in a while make it over the US?

1 more thing. HP per liter...
Only one of those made more than the exampled 5.2 MOPAR, stock.

How much does a viper GTS go for??? around 70-100k..
Actualy you can pick one up for around $44k around SA.

, but look at the money you are spending to get that kind of power out of a low tech engine
Funny thing is, they're still faster, and they're not meant to be the econo-car ricer.

Hondas, toyota, and other companies are getting that kind of performance out of their engines while maintaining great efficiency, and keeping the price down.
What performance? You mean their 14-15 second 1/4 mile dial-in's?

. with the amount of money that you spent on the viper, you could buy a turbo, nitrous, and build the engine of a honda to make it spank the hell out of you LOW TECH viper.
I think not, you spend an estimated $55k on a viper and then spend $22k on a Civic Si. Then you spend all your money buying your products while leaving the Viper alone. What's that, $33k on the Civic? That's $33k you have to spend to beat a 'low-tech' Viper.

as i said before, don't get me going on cars. i know too much.. and i always get people mad at me.
Weren't you that guy that everyone was calling the ass of the month? You know, they said that you were this know-it-all wanna be. Anyway, I don't mean to be an instigator, but you don't know that much, you probably don't know how to change your own oil.

Are you talking about the NSX and other highly rare cars that only once in a while make it over the US?
G35, 350Z, Supra, VR-4, 300ZX TT. and more of the lux. cruisers. try an M3 (inline 6), IS 300.

Only one of those made more than the exampled 5.2 MOPAR, stock.
I was talking about HP per liter. read the post. moron. And, all of those were 4 cylinders. ass. I was being nice, and naming stock numbers.

Dodge 5.7 liter, 240 HP. that is umm. 42.1 HP per liter.

and the dodge V-6's **** even more ass.

Dodge Neon 2.4 liter TURBO CHARGED. 200 HP. that's 83.3 HP per liter.

all of the Honda and Toyota products were N/A, or do you not know what N/A means??

and no, it isn't not applicable.

Funny thing is, they're still faster, and they're not meant to be the econo-car ricer.
funny thing is, i've seen ( on downloaded movies) more civics make Vipers look like your Pinto. Put 30-40 K into a supra. bam, 6-700 HP, and great handeling to boot.

What performance? You mean their 14-15 second 1/4 mile dial-in's?
we are talking stock 4 cylinders here, the viper is 50K more expensive, and only has at most 2 seconds on the 1/4 mile. they run at low 13 secs, to high 12's.

I think not, you spend an estimated $55k on a viper and then spend $22k on a Civic Si. Then you spend all your money buying your products while leaving the Viper alone. What's that, $33k on the Civic? That's $33k you have to spend to beat a 'low-tech' Viper.
It makes it all worth while, and if you put in 33K you would just make a viper look like it was a 3 year old trying to beat up your fat mother.

Weren't you that guy that everyone was calling the ass of the month? You know, they said that you were this know-it-all wanna be. Anyway, I don't mean to be an instigator, but you don't know that much, you probably don't know how to change your own oil.
I was the one who 1st said something about it in the 1st good guy of the month post. Plus, i know that people don't like me and i don't care. I don't know all there is to know about Car audio, that is for SURE. But i do know more than anybody i know, with the exception of one of my friends, about Imports, domestics, European cars, Super Cars. Just try me. I bet i know more than you about cars. So what if i don't know how to rebuild a tansmission, or totally gut and remake a motor. I can afford quality cars, not some beat ass p.o.s. like you can prob. afford, and have to do all the work yourself.

I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but you sure are getting on my nerves.

I will kick ur ass when it comes to talking about cars. that is for sure.

is that in the inline 5 cyl Turbo-charged S70? hmm.. maybe.

turbo makes all the difference in the world. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well it's funny you mention that you will kick my ass, I was talking about the cars you listed. Why are you so angry? Are you trying to prove something, or are you just trying to be top dawg the first day like in prison? (Because if you are, ****, I ain't your *****.)

And I like to do everything myself because money can't buy pride. I also get the advantage of knowing where to go if anything breaks or malfunctions and I get the added knowledge of my vehicles mechanical behavior. I realy don't have any respect for someone that doesn't even offer or step in to take care of their first car, that's like the first step into the real world. I'd tell you to get a ****ing job and stop being such a little ***** on a forum, because in actuality we all know you'd shrink in person.

By now this reply is probably pointless, but I guess I'm type happy tonight.

Until recently I really didn't have a vehicle of preference, if anything probably toyota simply b/c all the ones I've ever been around have run forever.

But I've been driving an '88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe for a couple years now and the more I learn about this thing and the more I do to it the more I love it. The 2.3L is one of the, if not THE, best engines ford has ever built. I have a 3500lb car with 192,000 mi. on a 4 cyl. that can do about 14 flat and still take me, my system, and 3 of my friends out in comfort. Not to mention I get about 26mpg

What I've done to it:

Replaced blown automatic tranny with a 5 speed in Jan '02

Removed stock air cleaner assy. and installed K&N filter in the fenderwell

Removed stock boost control unit (Limited to 7psi b/c of the automatic trans), replaced

with Ric Gillis boost control valve (now getting approx 15 psi)

What I'm going to do to it:

Replace leaking steering rack

Replace stock 2-1/4" downpipe with 86 svo 3" downpipe

Replace stock cat with straight pipe or hi flow cat

Replace stock 2-1/4" cat back with 2-1/2 and hi flow muffler

Some of the FREAKS that mod these things all to hell can get them under 13 sec in the 1/4 and 300+hp. That's 130hp/Li. from an engine that began production in '83.

Obviously I'm biased, but trust me, the 83-88 Turbo charged 2.3 cars (Thunderbirds and Mustang SVO's) are some of the sweetest performing cars ever made.

Well it's funny you mention that you will kick my ass, I was talking about the cars you listed. Why are you so angry? Are you trying to prove something, or are you just trying to be top dawg the first day like in prison?
I'm just tired of people not thinking i know alot about cars. It happens a lot around my town. I guess you could say i'm proud of my knoledge about cars, and when someone challenges me i get pissed. sorry man, it's just the way that I am.

V-- that sig. is about car audio, and stuff. Not about cars. :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'd tell you to get a ****ing job and stop being such a little ***** on a forum, because in actuality we all know you'd shrink in person.
i won't shrink in person. 6'2" 225 lbs, probly bigger than you :p. and i bet everyone would shrink in person, just a little.

And if you think i'll only argue like this on a forum, then u are completely wrong. Ask Speedracer7c, we could argue about cars for hours. And we know eachother in person. Just ask him how much of a stubborn ******* that i am when we get going on cars.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...