For anyone who has ever had an Eclipse CD5030 or similar

Participant count
  • Participant list

.enigma.
10+ year member

maryland
Just got mine in the mail today, going to install it once i get the mounting bracket. In the mean time ill do some research on attempting to adjust the sound

First question: How good of a job do you think the microphone does in auto adjusting the sound quality?

Next question: What things would you recommend i change in the sound settings, and things to leave alone?

Keep in mind im just a semi-casual listener. Still have to stock speakers (getting new ones at the end of summer)

Not sure if it has the CSRII or what not, but if it does turn it off. Turn the loud feature off. It doesnt have the same layout of my deck, but on mine if you press the enter button and hold it down you can change from front, left, right, rear. Also turn the non-fade off. Also make sure the SVC is off. You can either dabble with the active crossovers or you can set the bass, treble, etc like your standard stock HU. Pick which ever suits your install. If your running your fronts passive then the active x-overs wont do anything for you.

As far as T/A with the mic Ive read that its alot easier to do it yourself from the HU menu by ear.

Before I had my HU in the mail I downloaded the manual and read through it so I was familiar with it and the controls. It would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the HU so your not lost in the dark when you get it in.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/download/manual/cd5030_en/audio/pdf/CD5030ae99.pdf

Thanks for the very detailed reply, it helped a lot

I just got it in the mail today, still waiting for the installation kit so ill read up on the manual that came with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.