Focal

Participant count
  • Participant list

ejschultz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
First, I would like to say this is not only a product review, but a company review. My Focal 136v speakers are probably the best set of components I've listened to for my car and for what I like. I'm sure there's better out there, but nothing I've heard in person. The speakers are a little bit of an older set and this is where my company review comes in. I purchased the speakers from someone on another forum. He had them mounted in a baffle specifically designed to fit our cars. This was good because I didn't have to design a baffle. However, the tweeters were also mounted in the baffle and there was no way to get the mounts out of there without damaging them. I called Focal, told them the situation and asked if I could purchase a set of mounting accessories for the tweeters. They said, "No, we'll ship them to you at no charge." Not only are the speakers old and definitely out of warranty, but I purchased them used from someone who is obviously not an authorized dealer. They still went out of their way to get me what I needed at no charge to me. For that, Focal has a customer for life.

Focal has been working well for me too. A bit bright right out of the box. But after some EQ work the mids can come to life and the tweets blend well.

Good to hear the customer service is treating you well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

****, kinda odd to bring up a thread from about a year ago. I don't even have the speakers anymore. I traded them for a sub for my new daily driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ejschultz

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
ejschultz
Schererville, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies