Focal TN-52's or is there an up-grade for the Utopia speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi Everyone! I've got a set of Focal Utopia speakers that I bought years ago. But the tweeters got lost. I saw some replacement TN-52's on Ebay (I think these were the original ones?). I was wondering if there is an up-grade Focal Tweeter that would sound better than these? (Not that these don't sound good!). This is going in a '70 Nova. I also have a McIntosh amp. I'll get the model number of the amp when I go to storage...

Thanks! Bill

I had a set of older 5.25" Focal Utopias (136aw I think was the model) and yes I believe the model number for the tweets was tn-52. I also had a set of tn-47 tweeters too that came with the set when I bought them used. They didn't sound bad but you could tell a difference in between the 2.

Thank You NoLoud4U, Subzero & Dub7sonoma. If I use the Focal Utopia Beryllium can I use the crossovers that came with the system? And if I go with the TN-53 do I use the same crossovers? Thanks! Bill

Thank you Subzero, I have to get my hot rod out of storage & over to my house to take the door panels off & get the crossovers out. I couldn't keep it running the other day when I went to get it... Bill

Thank you Dub7sonoma... Ok, finally got the crossovers out of my hotrod. If I go with the Focal Utopia Beryllium's or the TN 53K will it make a big difference in the way the system sounds? I love treble! Thank you! Bill

Working on getting pic's posted....

Last edited by a moderator:
After doing on-line research & taking cost into consideration I've decided to go with the Focal TN 53's... Thanks again everyone! Bill

ps, can't get pic's of crossovers posted but they are Focal ones with the dimensions of 8"x4"x2" that used to come in the FA 165 W3 set...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.