Focal Polyglass 21 V2 sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

rjay
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am still looking at getting a 8" sub and came across a used one of these. I don't have any experiece with Focal products, but they seem to a good quality product and wanted to get some other opinions. How does this sub compare to say, a JL Audio 8w3v3 (original one I was leaning towards). Will be in a small sealed enclosure, powered by JL Slash 250/1. Also what would be a decent price for this sub (used)? Thanks

Suprised no one has responded, hope that is not a bad sign! I went ahead and got it, figured I would take the chance. As soon as I get the box in, I will let you guys know what I think of it. Also, ended up paying $115, so hopefully that's a decent price.

Well just an update, I took a chance and got the sub. Very disappointed in the performance, it was powered by JL Audio 250/1 and was in a sealed box with .43 air space. My wifes Kicker S8L5 sounds way better and louder, and I'm not being sarcastic! Definitely not worth retail $349 and not even the $115 I got it for (just my opinion). Ended up selling it on CL for $100, and was worth losing $15 to get rid of it! Oh well, should of went with my gut and gone a different route in the first place!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.