Focal Polyglass 165v1 vs. Rainbow SLC 265

Participant count
  • Participant list

suleman36
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
Which one whould be a better set and why ?

I have a Eclipse PA-5422 4 channel amp / 85 x 4 @ 4 ohm

Front speakers are 6.5's and rears are 6x9 and plan to use the stock door positions for the mid.

I listen to mostly hiphop, rock and dance music.

Budget is $250-280 ballpark for comps

Open to other comps aswell.

i said in some other thread that my dad is getting some Focals, theyre the polyglass coaxils though, and they are amazing, they sound so rich and clear with great midbass, and a smooth sound, it sounds almost as good as the components, naturally the comps will sound and be a lil better but these are some great coaxils, hopefully theyll fit in his car cos mounting depth is a lil issue, i have heard the Polyglass comps as well and they again are amazing and a great comp set, i heard em with an Audison amp that was giving each speaker 40 watts and they can handle more, but they still blew my mind on how good they were

and as for the Rainbows, Ive never heard them but they seem to be pretty popular on here and highly regarded on the forum

Id say its personal preference at this point, because they are two good speakers, sorry i couldnt help ya more with Rainbow but those Focals are super bad ass speakers!! Focals are the best Ive heard, ive never heard Rainbow or Morel or Dynaudio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks, ill probably pick up the focals.

Anyone on this forum have focals ? If so how do they sound in comparison to others ?

I listen to mostly hiphop and rock and dance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.