Focal Flax or Hertz Mille

Participant count
  • Participants list

lankfordcodi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
I'm tired of taking off my door panels and tweaking this, tweaking that, trying to make my orion cobalt CM65 sound as good as I want. They are OK, paired with Alpine Type R tweets, but they are just not as good as I really want. I spend over an hour every day in my car and I want some amazing components. I have a Class A/B amp with plenty of power and a 12" sub sealed in a properly sized enclosure. The sub is great, im using shielded RCAs and all OFC wire,pioneer headunit, Skar Class A/B amp(maybe upgrade the amp later, this is what I could afford right now) But I want an amazing set of components up front. I dont want to cut my door panels to add a mid range so 2 way is what I'm looking for.

Focal PS 165FX
or
Hertz Mille Pro MPK 165P.3

Both are normally about $500 and I've found a couple good deals on open box models on Amazon. Can people please chime in and let me know what you think is the better set? I will be using the passive crossovers for now at least until I can afford a DSP to go active.

I have installed the hertz Millie pro. They sounded very good. Mid bass heavy but I like that. its All about the install. How good you do there is how good there gonna sound.

Yeah I wouldn’t say the Orion CM is an SQ mid at all. Why not raw drivers? I was going to get the Hertz milli but decided to try out Silverflutes and CT2 tweeters and I’m glad I went that route. That way the money you save could buy you a DSP.

They're both great brands and both come highly recommended. I like Hertz more but I think both will treat you better than the Orions. I only base that off great performance I've gotten with Hertz subwoofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.