Focal 690CA with 50 watts?

Participant count
  • Participant list
RMS power is the amount of continuous power a receiver can produce, measured in watts. The higher the RMS figure, the louder and cleaner your music sounds. Peak power is the maximum a receier's internal amplifier can supply during a bried musical burst. The RMS rating is more significant.

In my opinion, i wouldn't want an 6 x9 and any speakers on the rear. What important is the front staging. Maybe get a better set of components in the front like the Focal polyglass 165V2 $249. But that's me. And i would recommend to power them w an external amp. I have 85 x 4 amp powering the 165V2 and a single arc 10" sub.

well the reason i wanted something good in the rear was becasue there r 4x6 in the front and i dont have anywhere to put compnents and i dont want to spend 150 bucks on kickpanels so do u think i should get something else besides the focal 690CA's or what?

Yeah get them. This is what says in my access manual.

"These speakers are already highly efficient, therefore their use with high power head units already ensures a comfortable listening pleasure."

Most 6 x 9" speakers are in the same rating.

Sony & alpine are in 50-60 range, rockford & kenwood are in the 70-75, jbl & infinity have 100 rms.

I think you will love focals better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.