Focal 165V3e

Participant count
  • Participant list

johnrowdy
10+ year member

Dallas
I have listened to these on a wall and they sound good, i know they will sound different in a car set up and was looking for someone who might have had some experience with them in the "real world" that might have a comment on their performance. I am currently running focal 690ca1's in the front door and 165ca1's in the rear door powered by an eclipse ea4000 with some tweet's powered off the head unit. I was thinking about going with the Focal 165V3e and ditching the rear door speakers and bridging the amp? any suggestions would be appreciated... Also running a JL500/1 on 2 JL10w3V2's..and have sound deadened all the doors and floor...

Any Ideas much appreciated!

Thanks for the input lostday, I thought Focal was pretty well known? I am surprised nobody has any experience with these???

I havent used that set of focals but I have used the 165kp and looks to be the same tweeter. It was a good setup but the tweeters can be a little harsh for me. Takes some work to get the tweeters setup but once done it sounds good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.