Flip box around in truck?

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Heres some videos so you have an idea of what im talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yzkqWuEGRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdI5zZAgab8

The port is in front like the sub is and its behind the passenger seat. I was told in another thread that it would be louder if I flip the box backwards, so that the sub and port are firing agaist the back of my truck. There would only be a few inches in between the box and the back of the truck. Would this be louder? Seems like it would be choking the port. I would try it myself but its a pain in the ass to flip the box around.

I still think sub forward and port up or port to the side will be louder. I know that isn't answering your question but you could always build yourself a plug out of mdf and plug up your port and buy an aero and try it out?

Didn't watch the videos, but I can tell you you just need to try it. There are countless threads on this...everyone has different results. Usually it will change the way certain frequencies behave; some may become louder while some my not.

Iv'e tried it, and lost a ton of output. I have an accord.

My friend has tried it on the other hand, and gained a substantial amount. He has a camry.

True...but this box/design is going to do for now. I do have a few aeros laying around but they dont have flares.

The reason people are saying that turning it around will be louder is that aw inspiring corner loading effect. I have found that up firing sub, back firing port on pass side has been the loudest so far. But that is for an ext cab GM 99- (OBS)07.

I have run both ways, and even tried front firing. I have a single 15 in a 2002 GMC Sierra ext. cab. I DO believe that I get more volume with the box and vent facing up (front ******). However, there is more feel, vibration and rumble with the sub and vent facing the rear. My box is 4.25cf and is very tight when facing rear. I have to use a "stop" screwed to 4x4 runners to keep the sub out of the folded up rear seat. It is a lot of trouble, but worth it. I will change it from time to time, in fact it is upfiring now. You just gotta try it and then run whichever you like the best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.