FKING TESLA STOCK BABY!!!

OP
Jeffdachef

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
I was going to do that myself and a friend threw $2k in 2 years ago and tried day trading and made it nowhere so I swore it off. I imagine it takes A LOT of time to get educated enough to even start.
you cant even daytrade with 2k... in any platform you are restricted to 3 day trades in a rolling 5 day period per SEC rules. That means you get 3 day trades a week means your chance of success is very little. Only when you have 25k in your account is when you have unlimited daytrades and thats when you can make actually money but you'll need like 12 monitors and its like a full time job, yuck. I'll stick with swing trading, soo much less stressful when you buy several months out options and take profit whenever and if it went down, it doesnt matter since the market is always at an uptrend if you trade indexes and etfs which are safer than stocks since its always at an upwards trend.

I trade on RH because its fast and simple while i'm on the go but I do all my research, anaylsis, charting, probabilities/profits calculations and fundamentals on think or swim. Its a steep learning curve even with 2 months of study along with paper trading with fake money, and it took me awhile to be consistent on my trades with real money to know what works best and keep the strategy. I remember my first big loss after hitting 3k the first time and getting cocky i lost half of that and then my emotions took over and led to more bad trades was down to 500 again... then re-evaluated myself and forced myself to stick with the boring strategy and be robotic as possible playing probabilities and the rule of large numbers and things worked out. Now i'm getting around 70- 80% winrate and its supplementing my monthly income. Taking out a few hundred profit each month to pay my utilities and property taxes.

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
VA
you cant even daytrade with 2k... in any platform you are restricted to 3 day trades in a rolling 5 day period per SEC rules. That means you get 3 day trades a week means your chance of success is very little. Only when you have 25k in your account is when you have unlimited daytrades and thats when you can make actually money but you'll need like 12 monitors and its like a full time job, yuck. I'll stick with swing trading, soo much less stressful when you buy several months out options and take profit whenever and if it went down, it doesnt matter since the market is always at an uptrend if you trade indexes and etfs which are safer than stocks since its always at an upwards trend.

I trade on RH because its fast and simple while i'm on the go but I do all my research, anaylsis, charting, probabilities/profits calculations and fundamentals on think or swim. Its a steep learning curve even with 2 months of study along with paper trading with fake money, and it took me awhile to be consistent on my trades with real money to know what works best and keep the strategy. I remember my first big loss after hitting 3k the first time and getting cocky i lost half of that and then my emotions took over and led to more bad trades was down to 500 again... then re-evaluated myself and forced myself to stick with the boring strategy and be robotic as possible playing probabilities and the rule of large numbers and things worked out. Now i'm getting around 70- 80% winrate and its supplementing my monthly income. Taking out a few hundred profit each month to pay my utilities and property taxes.

View attachment 20448
I don't even know where I'd get started to be honest, but I'm willing to risk a couple hundred bucks since I'm making decent money. I can probably do some of it at work but 3 day trades isn't a big deal time wise, it's just monitoring the stocks I suppose.

You still doing the same line of work as before? If so, I imagine that gives you plenty of time to do this type of thing.

OP
Jeffdachef

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
I don't even know where I'd get started to be honest, but I'm willing to risk a couple hundred bucks since I'm making decent money. I can probably do some of it at work but 3 day trades isn't a big deal time wise, it's just monitoring the stocks I suppose.

You still doing the same line of work as before? If so, I imagine that gives you plenty of time to do this type of thing.
no i'm in aerospace production engineering now. I get off, go home and the market opens up so its my side job lol. If you want things simple, just throw a call to SPY (S&P 500) or QQQ (nasdaq etf) or DIA (dow jones industrial average etf)for two - three months out a little bit above the money during a market dip (usually happens Friday noon time) and just wait until you see the profits you like then close out the contract. its actually that simple since Those track the US economy and we are always at an up trend and you have 2-3 months to make profit. This is my staple income strategy to fund all my higher risk plays.

Every week ill do a a couple of these plus normal stocks to diversify but you can do pure etfs and do just fine and this is the profit after one week. I can close it or let it ride. The usual safe stocks I trade are apple, microsoft, visa, mastercard, amd, and nvidia using a buy at the dip strategy for calls.

I do other advanced strategies, spreads, condors, straddles, butterflies etc... but I'm trying to keep it simple for you with just calls which does fine in a bull market.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrel!

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
VA
no i'm in aerospace production engineering now. I get off, go home and the market opens up so its my side job lol. If you want things simple, just throw a call to SPY (S&P 500) or QQQ (nasdaq etf) or DIA (dow jones industrial average etf)for two - three months out a little bit above the money during a market dip (usually happens Friday noon time) and just wait until you see the profits you like then close out the contract. its actually that simple since Those track the US economy and we are always at an up trend and you have 2-3 months to make profit. This is my staple income strategy to fund all my higher risk plays.

Every week ill do a a couple of these plus normal stocks to diversify but you can do pure etfs and do just fine and this is the profit after one week. I can close it or let it ride. The usual safe stocks I trade are apple, microsoft, visa, mastercard, amd, and nvidia using a buy at the dip strategy for calls.

I do other advanced strategies, spreads, condors, straddles, butterflies etc... but I'm trying to keep it simple for you with just calls which does fine in a bull market.
Interesting, I'm sure you know by now I'm in aviation as well but on the other side of operations.

The gains you made, how much are you trading with?

OP
Jeffdachef

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Interesting, I'm sure you know by now I'm in aviation as well but on the other side of operations.

The gains you made, how much are you trading with?
that QQQ is my cheapest one which is 70 a contract when i bought in. I keep half my money in reserve and keep position sizes small just in case something fks me over.

My boy became a pilot!!! congrats

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds