fixing scratches?

if u paint over it most likely its gunna sit a bit higher than everything around it and u also hav to match the paint around it if its faded or anything ..if u hav a good paint job u may be able to take a layer of the clear coat out and get away with it.

Possibly a touchup paint you would probably have to layer it because the chips are lower than the paint and it will take some layers to build it up. Built it up a little higher, wetsand and buff. Depending on the color though. Solid colors will work like this.

Digital-Innovations-Game-Doctor-Scratch-Repair.jpg

i was looking at some paint at autozone it says scratch fix and who knows what but anyways i put my car model yr . etc and it gave me the colors of the cars that honda made that year for that model and well it says scratch fix tube or something like that and im wondering if thats any good? my paint job is fairly well not really faded and well everytime i was my car it looks like a bird just s**t*d on it and also on the side lol so i just wanna get that covered

the color of the car would be found somewhere on the stickers of the car becuase when i open my doors there is a few stickers and well i never thought of lookin at them to see if it gives me the name of the paint used on it

Look it up online, for the paint code that is, different companies put their codes in different places (trunk, jambs, under the hood, etc.)

Once you've got some paint I'd say sand the area (400.. then 600 grit about), prime it, sand with about 800, shoot the color, then shoot clear and after it's fully dry sand it flat with 1500 grit then buff and polish.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

monkeyman

10+ year member
monkeyman
los angeles,ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from