Neons under a car??

vvblazers777
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Don't laugh at me. These are most deff. not for my car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif This kid from my school calls me up, and wonders if I could install them. I told him I'd get back with him on a price. lol Whatever he wants. How do you hook these things up under a car. I just told him I'd charge him 35. bucks and he said cool. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Hey, I'm new here but I've done a lot of stuff related to this in cars and whatnot.

If he's got true neons you're going to have no problem. Just run a fused + and a - wire into the car from the battery (or splice from the cig lighter), put a switch on the +, then from there you just need to run a + and - from the switch to a relay or splitter block, then run and + and - to each area of the car where you need the wire (basically just one wire to the front, back, each side).

Then put on the little clip holders to mount the tubes, or ziptie, whichever way works best, just whatever you do try to make sure they're tucked up under the car pretty good so people can only see the glow and not the tube. Then finish up wiring the tubes to the wires you ran and you should be golden!

Hit him over the head with the neons and steal his money. You'll both be happier.

You'll have money and he wont have fugly neons under his car.

the simplest way is to read the little slip of paper that says instructions on the top or if that not an option then do like buick said his info seems to be in order

Be prepared to drill through steel.

I broke a few bits myself.

(yes, i have tubes under the tc, one on either side.)

(no, you can't see the bulb and there are none up front or back.)

(no. yes. piss off.)

Neons CAN look tacky.....but i like em. I have a white LED kit under my Dakota to match my paint FTW.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

if you cant hide the tubes to where you cant see the bulbs use black electrical tape
or just spraypaint the entire tubes black. it will look much better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Some cars are a ***** to hide the tubes
x2.....depending what kit it is, it could come with a little plastic connector where all the wires from the tubes connect into it then it has the positive and negative going from it to the battery. Heres the only one i ever installed, wasnt no way possible of hiding them ****ers on his car.

648846766_l.jpg

Installing thems easy. It only takes about 1/2 an hour once you have the car jacked up. The instructions explain it well though. all you do is fit loops around the tubes and theres a hole on each side of the loop and the screw goes through that to the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.