Fixing coil rub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dirtrider4eva
10+ year member

√\_The CaUsE__
I have a sub. It has a tight gap, and an 8 layer coil, well, it developed some nice rub. Any way how to fix it?

I've heard anything from popping the dust cap, realligning coil with shims, and re surrounding,

But it has some stiff spiders. So wouldn't that affect it more

Oh yeeaa, DENIED

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

put a stick/piece of cardboard inbetween the part rubbing, also maybe some vaseline even though youd have to reapply weekly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well once they're Hooked up and running it isn't that noticeable at all,

Might just deal with it till spring

Is there any last ditch effort to try and recenter it before a recone?'

Well once they're Hooked up and running it isn't that noticeable at all, Might just deal with it till spring

Is there any last ditch effort to try and recenter it before a recone?'
well if it wasn't rubbing to begin with but is now the coil is damaged and will probably die one day when your pounding on it hard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.