Engine block to chassis

2012-08-13_13-56-37_374.jpg

Where i placed on engine block

2012-08-13_13-57-20_17.jpg

battery ground

2012-08-13_13-57-09_301.jpg

alternator to battery positive

2012-08-13_13-56-55_293.jpg

Mmm, we will see what others say, my opinion is the ground to engine block should be on the engine itself or the OEM engine ground, I know it is hard to get there sometimes but if not a bolt on the engine itself that is holds a bracket or something. I would not use that engine block ground.

Looking at the picture on a bigger screen later, it does look like that engine block part you picked is near a motor mount and part of the engine itself, also I noticed another existing gnd that may appear to be from the original manufacturer. This means it is good.

Yeah, i can take more pics of that area from a diff angle if u want i bolted it to an existing nut right on the block

how can someone look at an connection on a car and tell that it is a good electrical grounding point? OP, why are you asking this and not just get a DMM and measure it and than you can not flood the forum with these questions that can't be answered through pics?

And i sanded down all the areas of contact to clean metal, its hard to tell if its makeing a difference cuz before i didnt have a volt meter and didnt actually add one till after i upgraded the wires and added a second batt. My voltage ranges from 3.5-4.1 on constant use turned up.....was hopein for that constant 14.2-14.4 but idk

how can someone look at an connection on a car and tell that it is a good electrical grounding point? OP, why are you asking this and not just get a DMM and measure it and than you can not flood the forum with these questions that can't be answered through pics?

Because i dont have one, they are grounded on the strut tower supports that lead to the frame (i think). And pic close to the engine so basically im asking are these common places for grounding? And do they work? Does anyone else have them in these similar areas like strut towers and front of the engine? Or should i pick difference places? Thank you very much

Because i dont have one, they are grounded on the strut tower supports that lead to the frame (i think). And pic close to the engine so basically im asking are these common places for grounding? And do they work? Does anyone else have them in these similar areas like strut towers and front of the engine? Or should i pick difference places? Thank you very much
go buy one, you can get a decent one from sears for $25. it's so much easier to measure it and get solid numbers than to go by what someone else did.

Quick question and I don't mean to thread jack.. what would be the difference of connecting the battery negative to the alternator negative and then the chassis to the battery negative? Rather than going alternator negative to chassis. Alt pos to bat pos the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.