Fixing Broken Car Amps

can u fix these amps it is an ole skool punch 40 or 45 amp that i have had forever and just have been sitting in my storage closet

I have 2 cactus 5ks, I run 18volts to them, but while charging the amps were left on and saw +20volts, and one popped pretty good and started to smoke, and the other just went into protect. I let the second one sit for a few hours and the amp took about 20 seconds to go into protect, but when it was hot it would go into protect within 2 seconds. Sound like anything you have seen? I know the amps are fried, just trying to get a ball park to fix them. DB-r fixed one for $400 and said their was board damage. I got it back and it worked great. But again the amps saw +20 volts and both blew this time. I got them fixed in Oklahoma for $225 ea plus shipping. I just want to know what kinda price will I be looking at if it happens again? I know you won't know an exact price, but a ballpark number would be nice.

just sent in (2) Memphis mcd4kw's and another amp. Lots of people know us here and on this forum, will give feedback on the MIKE experience to others. GL with repair mike, so far great communication in this process

Hey I have a older planet audio p2250d that is broken, it powers but has no output. dosent go into protect but def has something wrong. What would you guess it might cost to repair. I am just wondering if it is worth fixing or not.

Thank you

Clear your in box

Hey, got a couple amps i would like to get repaired.. Both are old. They were my dads back in the mid to late 90's. One is a pioneer and the other is a Stereo Limited(local audio shop) amp was amazing tho, pushed many of subs with it.. Any how im really interested in getting these fixed. you do package deals at all?

Pioneer amp - Dad told me it didnt work, and it was a good amp i should get it fixed, i tear it apart to look for any issues, there is a round black piece that appears to have broken off from some were rolling around in the amp. Thats all i know lol.

Stereo limited - Worked, i was pushing a couple Punch 8's with it, it would shut off every now and then, now it powers up and as soon as the sub starts hitting it shuts off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.