fixing a 15" RE XXX

Participant count
  • Participant list

drwang
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a RE 15"XXX that has burnt tinsel wires. Everything else is in perfect shape, the only problem is the tinsels. Anyone know where I can buy the tinsels and the glue I need for the repair project? I think I need 2mm diameter spreaker braids(tinsels) and also the glue to recone as I will have to remove the cone. Has anyone here done this before?

Tinsel leads dont usually just burn up for no reason.

9 times out of 10, the lead wires burn after some damage has occured to the coil. Even though you can see most of the coil and "think" its good, it's usually not.

Tinsel leads dont usually just burn up for no reason.
9 times out of 10, the lead wires burn after some damage has occured to the coil. Even though you can see most of the coil and "think" its good, it's usually not.
You know nothing of RE products //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

But yes he is right...Tinsels just to burn for no reason, Something shorted out somewhere.

where can i get the soft parts? i couldn't find anything on the new re site. i emailed scott of fi car audio but he hasn't responded yet. I can't wait to test out the 12"btl, a custom enclosure is on it's way for that

but yea, how much would the re xxx 15" be worth damaged like this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

drwang

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
drwang
Bay Area, CA (415)(925)(831)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date