Fixed Components

siviog1
10+ year member

Team Bass in Your Face
CHi-Town
I bought some CDT HD 62s 6/1's components and M6's and i guess i was running too much amps to them.. So they are all frozen and one is off the spider.. Is there anyone that can fix these or will it be better to buy all new gear...

I bought some CDT HD 62s 6/1's components and M6's and i guess i was running too much amps to them.. So they are all frozen and one is off the spider.. Is there anyone that can fix these or will it be better to buy all new gear...
lmao.

That's HILARIOUS.

And, no, they don't make recones for mid/high-frequency speakers.

That would be silly.

Time to buy new ones since you just destroyed $500 dollars worth of drivers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Do you know what a high pass crossover is? Did you have one in use? What was the cut-off frequency and what was the slope in db/octave

Noone is bein mean yet though someone probably will but people are trying to impress upon you that you will save alot of money in the long run if you learn how not to kill speakers first before you replace these.

lmao.That's HILARIOUS.

That would be silly.

Time to buy new ones since you just destroyed $500 dollars worth of drivers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Sure about that? I know of a few brands that will redome tweets.

lmao.That's HILARIOUS.

That would be silly.

Actually, why don't they..? I think recones for mid drivers would be a great idea.. Imagine how cheap it would be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif. I'd beat the hell out of my XXX mids if I knew I could get a recone for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. It's no different then a sub recone, just on a smaller scale..

A speaker will show signs of distress when driven too hard....learn what distortion sounds like or get your ears checked.
Your girl screamed so loud it killed my hearing... OOOPPPS did i just say that

Amps don't kill speakers. People do.
USELESS POST

-- after uninstalling everything... I found out that Soundz Good car audio installers connected my wiring all wrong... Each speaker was suppose to get 100rms... but the way they connected they were getting like 200rms... Now the CDT were connected in the front doors and all speakers front (CDT's and rear 6*9's) were suppose to be ran off the amp. So when the 1st CDT hd blew i got the M6 then they blew. Thats the story and yes people I know how to hook up speakers, check gains and all that ish... I have been in car audio for over 5 years I just didn't want to install the stuff myself.. NEXT TIME I WILL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.