First time Installation help. Alpine Audio Control LC2i

Seatssuck

Hello,

I have a 2009 Acura TL and I want to put a subwoofer in it. I have a 500W speaker at 2 ohm, an Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp, and an Audio Control LC2i.

Will an 8ga power wire (required by this version amp) be enough to run the amp and the LC2i? I'm assuming the LC2i will not need much power. I want to run the power wire all the way to the back and then put a distribution block to go into the LC2i. I believe it needs a 12ga power and ground.

Thanks for any help.

This is the first of two cars I'll be doing this week. I'll be treating doors and installing components on the other car. My first install, I'm sure i'll be hooked after this.

Hello,
I have a 2009 Acura TL and I want to put a subwoofer in it. I have a 500W speaker at 2 ohm, an Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp, and an Audio Control LC2i.

Will an 8ga power wire (required by this version amp) be enough to run the amp and the LC2i? I'm assuming the LC2i will not need much power. I want to run the power wire all the way to the back and then put a distribution block to go into the LC2i. I believe it needs a 12ga power and ground.

Thanks for any help.

This is the first of two cars I'll be doing this week. I'll be treating doors and installing components on the other car. My first install, I'm sure i'll be hooked after this.
Should be enough, but if it accepts 4 and you don't have trouble fitting it in, do that.

Should be enough, but if it accepts 4 and you don't have trouble fitting it in, do that.
Sounds good. My friend ran 4 last time and we had to cut away wire and such. Don't like doing that personally. I'm sure it will be enough. I'm a big double checker. Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for any help.

If you need a box pm me. Very affordable. Local to you as well.

What kind of 8 gauge wire? Hope you didnt get it from a shop or downtown because al they sell around here is junk. 4 gauge is 8 gaughe and 8 gauge is 12 gauge. 0 gauge is almost 4 gauge but not quite. Idk what model tl you have but do your research if you have a sub or an amplifier somewhere. The lc2i doesnt need much to get it running. I did exactly that to my lc6i distro to amps and lc6i.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.