first system, i need some advice plz

blackbird2004
10+ year member

oregon
hi, sup? i just a car and i want to put in a nice system with nice loud sound and something that looks impressive as well..i am very new at this so im just getting into it , i would like any of u to help me out with some suggestions as to what to put in to my car for what i want.

thnx

What type of music do you mostly listen too

What are you expecting to pay

How much air space (space in trunk, hatch, etc... ) do you have

Are you going for Sound Quality or SPL?

im usally listen to rock or rap

i dont know how much im expecting to pay i guess as much as it cost to have a nice system.

my air space i guess i would have to guess like the trunk is 3ft by 4 or 4.5 ft

and whats spl?

im usally listen to rock or rap i dont know how much im expecting to pay i guess as much as it cost to have a nice system.

my air space i guess i would have to guess like the trunk is 3ft by 4 or 4.5 ft

and whats spl?
well this is the deal, if you listen to rock and rap i would suggest that you buy subs to accommodate a median of Sound Quality and SPL. This isnt that hard to do since now-a-days there are a lot of well-rounded subs that play good at both levels.

I would reccommend. . . Alpine Type R's, Adire Shivas, Infinity Perfects, Soundstream Exacts (if you can get ahold of any), MMATS Pro Series, or IDMAX's (if its within your budget.)

If you have 4 feet of trunk space it sounds like you have alot of room to work with... if your not worried about space then you may like the Shivas, or MMATTS Pro Series

If you want to save room then go with the Type R's, Infinity Perfects etc..

SPL Stands for Sound Pressure Level. . . basically this is what BOOMY cars have.

SQ (Sound Quality) is more of a crisp cleaner bass, but dont normally hit as hard as SPL numbers.

After you find what subs you want to go with you can start from there and start shopping amps, mids, highs and so on.

i dont see why it wouldnt, you need to measure the depth too. . . some trunks are shallow and makes it so that you have to angle the enclosure if you want them to fire str8 up or str8 backwards.

Aslo, and its your call, for the type of music you listen to its hard to tell what enclosure you would like your subs best in. Most people that listens to rock, metal, alternative etc... they go with a sealed enclosure cause it tightens the bass (also the easiest of enclosures to build.) If you want your rap to hit low frequencies this can be produced better in a ported enclosure. But keep in mind that Ported boxes normally take up more room then sealed. IMO it seems like your best chances are running a strong sub in a sealed enclosure.

what about a amp? wont i need one of those as well?
First decide what subs... then you match the amp to the subs your going to buy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ok thnx...i was looking at the alpine already and i was thinking about the swr-1541D would that be a good sub to get . should i only be getting one ? or two?

if two i was thinking about the 1241's

I dont play with 15's too often but i have heard some LOUD AZZ cars with 15's in them. The bass response tends to be a little sluggish compared to 12's (from my personal experience) but if you want your subs to drop low then 15's are a good choice. they will require a bigger box but if your going with type R's, in a 4 foot wide trunk with the proper height you may be able to get a pair of them in there easily.

Originally posted by blackbird2004 ok thnx...i was looking at the alpine already and i was thinking about the swr-1541D would that be a good sub to get . should i only be getting one ? or two?

if two i was thinking about the 1241's
SPL:

MMATS Juggernaut

Digital Designs 9500 series...hell any DD sub

Treo

Kove Armagedon

MTX RFL- (only for comps)

Rockford Power HX2

SQ:

Diamond Mac Daddy

Image Dynamics IDMAX or IDQ

Adire Audio Shiva or Brahma (I have not personally heard the Brahma)

Crystal CMP and CMPx2

Alpine Type anything

Infinity Perfects

A **** good mix of both:

Resonant Engineering XXX

i agree with rangerman on those subs great list and usually if ya want more spl go with more 12s or 15s and better sq some 10's or 12s are usually prety goot for sq depending on what ya get

We throw all these choices out at you because with "higher end" stuff its all a good bet anyways. Also, we don't know what your particular tastes are for the way music should sound, or what kind of deals you can find in your area or from friends. We also don't want to recommend just one thing and get yelled at by someone else! LOL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif If I had to hook you up with a "universal" setup that will sound good and keep up with the kind of music you like, it would look like this:

Head Unit

__Pioneer Premier 740mp

Front speakers

__JL Audio XR650 6.5" components

Front speaker amp

__JL Audio 300/2 (150 x 2)

Sub

__(1) Image Dynamics IDMax 12" sealed

Sub amp

__JBL1200.1 (1200 x 1) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

This setup will give you that "best on the block" performance while still maintaining a sub $1,500 price tag.

http://www.mmxpress.com

http://www.cbrstereo.com

http://www.ikesound.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.