First speaker and amp install.

Participant count
  • Participant list

s0nl33t

Canada
Hi,

I'm doing my first audio install. I have two pair of JBL Gx-602 6.5" speakers. I'm looking to replace my front left and front right speaker with one pair of the JBLs for now.

I have picked an amp out. I think I have the right calculations for it, but i just want to make sure this amp will be enough to power all four speakers if i decide to install the other two later on. I'm not looking to add a sub.

Amplifier-

https://www.amazon.ca/JBL-GX-A604-435W-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00I5WEB8C

Speakers -

https://www.amazon.com/GX602-180W-2-Way-Coaxial-Loudspeakers/dp/B00MUKMYNY

Thanks.

Looks good to me. If you want better sound qaulity than you would be better served by a component set and slightly more powerful amplifier. Don’t forget the oxygen free copper power wire, fuse, and speaker wire for that amplifier and something to seal the speaker to the door. If you can put a little sound deadening mat such as Dynomat around the speaker and on the outer shell of the door than that will help with the bass output.

Thanks for the mat idea. I grabbed some today, and I picked up some extra speaker wire incase I decide to wire the rear speakers. I've also got a amp wiring kit on the way as well, so that has all the appropriate wiring and fuse harness. As for the equipment, don't need anything more than this right now as I'm just diving a beater haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.