First Setup (Front Stage)

Participant count
  • Participant list

DanOpi
10+ year member

MN
Hey all, I've been on the forums a while and have been reading and talking to people through out the past few weeks and months. I figured out what set up was best for me and what i wanted to do. I decided on doing a front stage set up and i found someone who was willing to set me up with something. I got 6.5 Inch Coaxial Digital Designs along with a Aura Force 250 A Old School Amp. I also got a Phoenix Gold Wiring Kit and some Digital Design Tweeters. I am posting many pictures because i want you guys to be able to help me through the installation process and i want to share how it goes.

I have everything out of my car and i'm waiting till i get some time to install everything. I won't be driving it any time soon so it's fine if it's torn apart for the moment. I tore my ACL and Mensiscus playing football and am in a brace for at least a month. So in the mean time till i get time to install everything i will ask some questions i'm still unsure about.

Is that thick black wire the ground wire? If so i have to find a grounding spot very close to the amp for it?

The blue wire i was told is a remote turn on wire? How do i connect that to my Head Unit?

The firewall hole that was in there to start with doesn't go into the car cleanly, it's too high so will i need to drill a new one? If you see the zip tie i found a place it comes out on the inside but i imagine it's not good to keep that there since it's touching another piece of tubing.

What would you recommend for wiring and what wires can't touch each other? I can run them up the middle since i took everything out there. Also is there anything i need to check when running wire from the trunk to the inside of the car? Will the back seat crush or catch any wires i run?

How do i go about mounting the amp in the trunk? I had asked if i could mount it on the back seat but was told that the support bars get in the way of that.

I live in Minnesota and it gets cold here as all of you know. Will this cause any problems with the amp in the trunk? Should i be concerned with the cold weather at all?

Do i need to buy new speaker wire? And how do i run that? I would have to run it from the amp to the headunit and follow the old speaker wire back to the front speakers?

How do i go about attaching the fuse to the power wire?

Sorry if this seems like a lot of questions but i'm new and i want to make sure i do it right the first time and learn the correct way to do it. Here are some pictures to help. I will be updating this and probably asking more questions! Any and all help will be great! I thank you in advance! I want to thank Louisiana_CRX for all the equipment he sold to me along with all the help he gave me and i want to thank Kangaroux, pro-rabbit and audioholic for the help they gave me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.