First Car Audio Setup

^^^ i agree...

either that, or have someone (who actually knows what their doing... not a local shop who will try to sell you a cap) help you out with the install... great way to learn alot as well

Yea, so crutchfield keep telling me my speaker system is rocksford fosgate and I have a amp somewhere already......

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FKEN HELP ME....How do I need to run the wiring? ... I attached a couple pictures ..

SPEAKERS

Tweeter

IN THE TRUCK

Back speaker left side

Back speaker right side

head unit....

---------

I have the most of the head unit wiring done except for the blue and the blue/white ..... black and black/white ...

then I need to know how to get the wiring from the battery to the amp....

If your car originally came with a mid and seperate tweeter, chances are it has some kind of crossover somewhere. Since you want to use your cross over you'll have to run new wire. Do the wires run from the speaker straight to the original headunit? it could be, internally amplified as most are. Also would be internally crossed over

Battery to the amp usaully requires a hole, unless you can find an existing hole in the firewall. This is usually the hardest part for me because i hate drilling into metal, make sure to use a proper size rubber grommet.

yea the speakers run directly to the headunit...

BTW, I'm not doing rear speakers or anything but I just showed the setup in the trunk....2 speakers with that sub on the left side i think

anyway, Since I would have to run new wiring would that KnuKonceptz Blue/Silver KLM 4 Gauge Amp Install Kit be enough to do both speakers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok im finally getting somewhere, I have the power cable on the passenger side and the RCA's on the left, which is running to the trunk where the amp will be....

Theres a black wire coming from the HU harness which is the ground wire from what I been told, then theres the black/white(AMP GROUND) wire coming from the nissan harness....So do I twist these together then ground?

Then theres the 2 blue/white , 1 from the HU harness and 1 from the nissan harness...Do I twist those two with the blue wire attached with the RCA's?

no, you wire those together, thus they are grounded.. just make sure both are labeled ground wires.. so you are wiring your polks to you head unit or to your amp?

I'm almost done.....

All my wires are set...everything is ready.....except...(another noob question) ...

How do I install the inline fuse holder with 80A AGU Fuse from the KNU kit to the power wire? Please explain.......

Oh yea and its only 80A, is it to weak for my amp ? MB Quart ONX4.125

Since im only running a FRONT component speaker system and headunit to the amp how would I setup the amp settings?

plan to add a sub later on.....

U want to put the fuse holder under the hood. Right around 6-8"'s from the battery. Just cut the power wire and insert the fuse holder. The 80a should be ok the MB has the potential to pull more than 80amps but even with that being said an 80 amp fuse should be good.

As far as setting set the amp. Turn the hpf on only and set to around 60-100hz. This might take a few mins as its going to be a personal thing u might like it set at 60hz and I might like it set to 100hz just try them and see what sounds best to you.

another long a$$ day...but more is done so I'm not complaining......

but uh, another simple question...... In the KnuKonceptz amp kit , it comes with a 10 Feet BLUE Klear Kable OFC 16 Gauge Speaker Wire .....

..I already have wires that came with the polks for the woofers,tweeters,etc....... BUT..the input from the crossover goes to the amp which is in the trunk...so I would need a longer wire on both sides for the input......so my question, Will I need longer wires? or... Will the 10 ft 16 gauge speaker wire do for the crossover to the amp? ... I really don't think the 10 ft will do, because I'm running both sides to the trunk.....even If I did, on the 10 ft how would I know which side is pos and which is negative?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.