first box built, few questions to answer

c0rrupted0ne
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
3911614398_f41bbcb658.jpg

just about to finish the box. i dont think im building another one ever, lol. as you can see the subwoofer is really close to the right, does that mean the port area on the left of it is wasted? also for the speaker wire, do you tape it to the wall? im afraid prolong period of taking air blast would loosen the connector or something. any feedbacks appreciated, thanks.

edit: how should i secure the box, L bracket?

You "think" ???

No the woofer placement wont affect your port or the box tuning

As far as wires, tape them down if you want, they dont go anywhere, just make good solid connections

does the port look a little higher near where the magnent would sit than where the port opens? looks like a big funnel .... what are the box deminsions and what lengths of the port? whats going into it? Also what are you going to do to connect the sub to the amp? drill holes into the box or put a terminal into the box?

length: 41'', height: 14'', 13'' deep. and no the port piece is balanced. 12'' re se is going in to it. and yes im going to just drill holes and run wires through the hole lol. i dont know any other way. port piece is 30.5x 7.75

so does the port shoot up from the 14 or 13 inch side? because if its not the 14 inch side your tuning will be way off. Also someone please look at where the port is "sealed" or where there should be a cut out for the port. Now look at the end of the port inside the box. Tell me that it doesn't look like the end of the port looks like its 8 or 9 inches wide but the port opening looks to be like 3 or 4 inches wide... just my opinion and its what it looks like to me.

the last piece isnt covering the vent on the left, here is the finished box:

3912067372_71066727b9.jpg

and yes, thank god the port is on the 14'' side, i just had to stick the port piece to the top instead of the front. the port is how it supposed to be from the original plan, it's just the mounting position of the sub changed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.