First Amp Rack

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitedragon551
5,000+ posts

IL
Today I started on my first real amp rack. I previously just mounted my amps to my boxes and called it a day. Well having a new car I decided to do things right this time.

I got the wood cut and fit today. Im trying to decide on how to cover it. Not sure if I want carpet, laminate, or vinyl.

Im going to run my Eclipse XA5000 at 2 ohms on my Evo. The box for the Evo is slightly wider than 15". The slant on the back fits the back seat to a T. I was thinking a carbon fiber vinyl to match the XA5000, but I cant get it locally and I want to finish this tomorrow.

Heres the area Im working with with the current fabrics.

IMAG0007.jpg

100_1698Resized.jpg

Sure is too. For $35 for a box built to my subs specs you cant beat it. Only thing I did was made sure I resealed the corners.

I see no rack?!
This thread is about what to cover it in. The pictures I posted were for reference.

On the right side of the hatch you can see how its tappered back towards the seat. Its wider closest to the seats and then it narrows as you come towards the hatch door. I have it cut out exactly like that. Its exactly 15" deep as well to match to box depth so the front of the rack will sit flush with the box. It will go all the way across from the left to the right side and the box will be on top of the right half of the rack. I guess I should have taken pics of the wood cutout.

This thread is about what to cover it in. The pictures I posted were for reference.
On the right side of the hatch you can see how its tappered back towards the seat. Its wider closest to the seats and then it narrows as you come towards the hatch door. I have it cut out exactly like that. Its exactly 15" deep as well to match to box depth so the front of the rack will sit flush with the box. It will go all the way across from the left to the right side and the box will be on top of the right half of the rack. I guess I should have taken pics of the wood cutout.
Ya seeing those would probably help...

my first amp rack.. 1" angle.. 2 d9s stacked with a little diamond plate.. had to cut off one of the mounting feet of my d9s.. could have thought it through a little better... lol

076.jpg

Heres what it looks like. I just used some spare wood I had in my dads garage. The top and sides will be all wrapped in one material. The bottom will have either a rubberized coating or a foam bottom. Im thinking carpet. After carpet it will sit very snug in there.

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.