finishing your box

here's my box in the making. (stilll need to cut aero port fitment and sub mounts, not glued) im doing the sides black. and then will be staining the other faces a dark brown followed by a nice clear. itll match my interior and will look good. i carpeted my last box. just didnt do it right for me. but im sure with more skill it looks good like DOUBLE 07's enclosures.

for now this is where it sits.

And i did lose 1.3 DBs from going carpeted.

664937_10151124987537196_1138067140_o.jpg

We do everything here. Personally, I like doing what ever looks best once installed. I hate having to wrap/paint something that just looks as if it don't belong.

i was doing 146.9s then dropped to 145.4-5s after carpeting my box. id reccomend going with some sort of smooth finishing. vinyl, paint, whatever
I wouldn't say to avoid carpet all together. It is application specific and many factors play into the carpet situation. I have wrapped enclosures plenty of times with no loss of SPL.

I wouldn't say to avoid carpet all together. It is application specific and many factors play into the carpet situation. I have wrapped enclosures plenty of times with no loss of SPL.
it is. i had port and sub facing my hatch wall. so alot of the sound had to reflect off the hatch over the carpet. equating the loss. sure it doesnt need to be avoided. in daily applications its nothing worth worrying about. but for chasing numbers thats the other side where the smoother the better.

it is. i had port and sub facing my hatch wall. so alot of the sound had to reflect off the hatch over the carpet. equating the loss. sure it doesnt need to be avoided. in daily applications its nothing worth worrying about. but for chasing numbers thats the other side where the smoother the better.
Even with number chasing though, it is not always a hindrance. It really depends on how the application and install is. I have had some where carpet did help, all though that only happened twice lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.